The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old October 4, 2014, 01:39 PM   #1
campingnights

American Quality Ammunition

I just ordered a Howell conversion cylinder for my Pietta 45 Remmy. Now I'm looking for ammo, which will be used for reloading after I get the dies and such. I see cheaper than dirt has bulk 45 swc from American Quality Ammunition for a pretty good price. I don't know anything about this company. Has anybody here used their stuff?

My wife told me that I can't have too many guns, I agreed and told her I can never have too many guns...and then the trouble began
Old October 5, 2014, 09:21 AM   #2
campingnights

As a followup, A friend of mine warned me away from reloading the brass this company uses, Instead I bought couple hundred rounds of "CAS" ammo. Should be a good start.

My wife told me that I can't have too many guns, I agreed and told her I can never have too many guns...and then the trouble began
Old October 5, 2014, 09:32 AM   #3
campingnights

Oh forgot to mention what I finally got was 45 long colt from Bone Orchard, at $25 a box. Seems a decent price and might as well buy my brass "filled" as "empty".

Old October 5, 2014, 01:01 PM   #4
Gaucho Gringo

I went there and all I found was priced at $33.95 a box and out of stock.
357 Taurus Gaucho, 22 Heritage RR, 2-Pietta 1858 44 NMA Remingtons, Pietta, Euroarms & ASM 36 1851 Navies, 31 Uberti 1849, 12 ga H&R Topper, 16 Ga Western Field, 43 Spanish Remington Rolling Block, 44 ASM Colt Walker, High Point C9 9mm, Winchester 1906 22, Rossi 62 22 rifle, Uberti 1860, H&A & IJ 32 S&W BreakTop, 36 Euroarms 1858, 32 H&R 04, 22mag NAA SS BP revolver, .44 Rodgers & Spencer, IJ 38 S&W BreakTop, IJ 22 Sealed 8
Old October 5, 2014, 01:10 PM   #5
campingnights

Hey Gaucho, try going through the Ammoseek portal. I just checked and it says they have 54 boxes left.

http://www.selwayarmory.com/boneorch...p-boxof50.aspx