The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old April 13, 2016, 12:47 PM   #26
Pathfinder45

There more powder on the store shelves in Portland now than I've seen for at least a few years. BiMart is one of the best places for it. But Fisherman's Marine and Sportsmans Warehouse are good too. As others have said, stock up now in case the outcome of the next election results in a worse shortage than we have ever seen.
Old April 13, 2016, 03:31 PM   #27
BigCheese

Alliant powders now available

The Lord has descended on a golden staircase from heaven and delivered to us previously unavailable Alliant powders including Be-86; Bullseye; Clay Dot; Extra-Lite; Green Dot; Power Pistol; Red dot; Unique and others.

Available as of this minute at Powder Valley. Happy foraging.
Old April 13, 2016, 04:39 PM   #28
KEYBEAR

No powder problems last year I bought 24 lb of Unique 8 lb of 296 and 8 lb of AA-9 . I am set for next summer .
Old April 13, 2016, 10:48 PM   #29
RC20

I would say our breadth is a bit short but the depth of what is there is good.

I have not looked much at pistol powders as I reload little of that, small amount goes a long ways and I still have various powders left.

Certainly a lot of the mainline rifle powders are in quantity and 8 lb jugs of select are there as well.

I was sorry as I got 2495 by mistake and it worked good and they have had none sense. Other good 308 powders though and I am only suffering a tad.

Probably more psychological as I shot one great group with it!
Old April 14, 2016, 01:16 AM   #30
Clark

Quote:
Anyone else frustrated by powder supply?
Bertrand Russell injected himself with adrenaline felt fear without object.

Being a grumpy old man, I can feel frustration without Object.

But I don't need to be. From studying my wife, I have determined it is possible to be bothered by anything anyone does, does not do, says, or does not say.

So in a world of infinite triggers, I don't need one.

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks" is a quotation from the 1599/ 1600 play Hamlet by William Shakespeare.

Or as Roger Penrose is convincing me on youtube, Shakespeare did not really write it himself.
"Ad hominem fallacy" is not the same as point by point criticism of books. If you bought the book, and believe it all, it may FEEL like an ad hominem attack, but you might strive to accept other points of view may exist.
Are we a nation of competing ideas, or a nation of forced conformity of thought?
Old April 14, 2016, 10:25 AM   #31
RC20

Partaking a bit too much of the 7% solution?
Old April 14, 2016, 10:26 AM   #32
RC20

Primers are not wide nor deep though you can get them.

Winchester is most available, few if any Federal in large rifle, RP enough to be fine, CCI more or less the same but almost never BR2
Old April 15, 2016, 05:46 PM   #33
oldengineer

My local gun store has a good supply of Hodgon Titegroup, the only powder I use, in 4lb bottles ($68) or 1lb ($20). They also usually have CCI or Federal primers in stock. Currently it's Federal ($32 for SP)
Old April 15, 2016, 07:25 PM   #34
WCWV

Powder has seemed to be coming back pretty good around my parts. I've almost turned into a horder though. I was in my LGS the other day and seen several jugs of powder and I almost bought more, then I remembered that I still had 5 lb of that particular kind. So I just bought some primers and left.