The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old May 28, 2000, 11:21 PM   #1
El Rojo

I had the chance to go out and shoot my Remington 700 VS today and test out those Federal Match Large Rifle Primers vs. the CCI Regular Large Rifle Primers.

As you can see on the picture, the Match primers did make a difference. Although not a very large difference at 100 yards, it was still very impressive for me considering that is a ¾" square and I am only using a fixed 6 power scope.

I decided to shoot some of my V-Max too. For those of you who like shooting varmints, please oh please go out and buy some of those V-Max right away. They are ver explosive and fairly accurate in my opinion.

I will sometime in the future perform this test again, this time at 200 yards, 300 yards, and maybe 400,500, or 600 yards. I think at great distances we will see the greatest advantage of using these Federal Match Primers. I hope you all enjoy this as much as I enjoyed putting it together for you. Please feel free to leave your comments. Good shooting.

Old May 31, 2000, 02:12 AM   #2
El Rojo

No one is looking at my work cause they think this is the same as the other thread and there is no way to change the title! Please come check this out! I might go shoot longer range tomorrow. If so I will post that then.
Old May 31, 2000, 02:25 AM   #3
Mal H
Staff

You're right, I had ignored this as others did, I'm sure.

You went from roughly 1 MOA to 1/2 MOA. But it's hard to give all the credit to the match primers without more groups. In the middle group you still had 2 in roughly 1/4 MOA. Pretty good shooting.