The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old April 8, 2013, 01:21 PM   #1
hbhobby

9 mm brass

I recently went through my ammo boxes that have been laying in the garage for 15-20 years and i found that i have 400 9mm lugar brass that have been cleaned and primed with CCI pistol primers, and 2350(+\-) 9mm brass that are mixed some de-primed and some tumbeled and some just empty. These are from when i was shooting IPSC in the 90's. My question is what are these worth? I no longer even own a 9mm so to me they are just taking up space. What i would really like is to trade for .454 casull, .45ACP, .357Mag, .45LC, .243 win, .30-30, 7mm rem mag, or .45-70, (rounds, or componants to make above rounds)
I was thinking of taking these to the next local gun show. Is there a market for these brass. Most are only once fired but some are more than once (how many i dont know). They are all mixed headstamp. Or should i just sell them for scrap?
Old April 8, 2013, 01:42 PM   #2
Cyberbach

I am buying my 9mm brass from an indoor range, most once fired as they don't allow reloads there. I paid 80 bucks for about 2,200, they were asking 4 bucks per hundred. Hope this helps and for what it's worth, 4 per hundred is lots more than scrap value.
Old April 8, 2013, 03:44 PM   #3
Sure shot wv

I found a guy a while back that was selling me 9mm, .40, and .38 special for 15 dollars per 1,000. Eventually he ran out so now I'm buying from a range at roughly 30 dollars per 1000. This is wayyyy cheaper than what everyone around me is selling brass for. It's usually between 8-20 per 100. Now I don't know if people are paying that but that's what everyone's asking at least. I refuse to pay that much. I'm sure you won't have a problem selling any brass at this given time!
Old April 8, 2013, 09:55 PM   #4
Misssissippi Dave

I depends on the local market. Here there is little pistol brass of any caliber to be had. There are also a lot of people trying to get into reloading and finding it very hard to find components of any kind. I would think you should be able to put it into zip lock bags and it should all get sold at a gun show if it is priced right. You will be getting more for it when sold to a reloader rather than selling it for scrap.
Old April 9, 2013, 05:21 AM   #5
Gster

9 mm brass

hbh, pm sent.