The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Old March 30, 2013, 05:48 PM   #26
Heckler40cal

I forgot to say that NONE of my firearms are Unfired, and i have never had a jam in any of my workhorses. 5-7mags minimum. I also modified my Beretta M9/92FS 9mm mags(since they are so plentiful) to work in my SigSauer P226 9mm. I just relocated the notch for the magazine catch on the mag. And I can use them on either pistol. And without modification, I have loaded .40 into the 9mm P226 mags and shot them in the SigSauer P228 and P229 .40cal models.
Hope that helps people that can't find certain mags!
Old March 30, 2013, 07:43 PM   #27
James K
Member In Memoriam

In some states, it is impossible to buy a new gun that has not been fired since the law requires that either the factory or some other authorized person fire a round from it for the gun "fingerprint" data base.

(I am aware of what most folks here think of that, but it is the law, so please spare us the comments.)

Jim