The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Old December 28, 2013, 06:55 PM   #1
Rogervzv

Ruger SR556E setup

I just added the EOTech G33 magnifier to my SR556E/EOTech XPS3-0 setup. My son and I took it to the range today and we put about 250 rounds through it. Naturally, not one single feeding or firing issue. What a great rifle.

The magnifier really is nice to have with the XPS3-0. 3X more than sufficient for my 25 yard indoor range, where I do most of my shooting. For close-quarters, the magnifier easily moves to the side allowing use of the XPS3-0 alone. And since the XPS3-0 is co-witnessed with the Troy battlesites, you then have a choice of sights.

What a fun rifle!

Here is the setup:

Old December 28, 2013, 08:04 PM   #2
MJFlores

Nice, I have the same rifle. What did you use for the bottom rail?
Old December 28, 2013, 08:07 PM   #3
Rogervzv

The bottom rail is from Ruger. Available at shopruger.com. I didn't want the weight of the side rails, but the bottom rail is handy for the sling and the forward grip.
Old December 28, 2013, 11:52 PM   #4
9x19

Nice setup!
Old December 29, 2013, 03:34 AM   #5
ftttu

Really nice smoke poll you got there. I've got an SR-556, but due to my wife, I had to settle on the optics. I'm not unhappy with my Lucid HD-7 for police duty/personal use, but I still would have liked to have been able to put more into the optics. Have fun!
Old December 29, 2013, 06:55 PM   #6
ShipWreck

Congrats. Enjoy the rifle