The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old January 16, 2002, 07:43 AM   #1
ragingbull454

avoid miwallcorp.com

Hi guys:

I accidentally posted this in the wrong section. If you are concerned about safeguarding your credit card information, something that miwallcorp.com isn't concerned about, then you should read my post here about miwallcorp.com.

Last time I checked it was at the very bottom.

http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/...threadid=97242

Erick
Old January 20, 2002, 12:16 PM   #2
kptaylor

I'm in Phoenix, and I love Miwall at the gunshows. Haven't bought from them online, but their prices at the shows are ALWAYS excellent and below everyone's prices.

If you are you in the West, check out their site for dates they're at gunshows. Better way to do business in my opinion. No copies of anything...
Old January 20, 2002, 12:52 PM   #3
ragingbull454

You are right, they do have excellent prices at gun shows, but I just cannot fathom faxing a hard copy of my credit card to anyone. Driver's License is different. I'd be willing to fax that to them with my driver's license number blanked out. That way, they can verify I am who I say I am, and none of my personal information is at risk.

Erick
Old January 20, 2002, 05:18 PM   #4
BenW

They were just at my local gun show last week, and I noticed they've started charging 3% to use credit cards at the show and take down extra drivers license info which they never used to do around here. I usually hit them last at the shows because if I end up seeing other goodies that I pay cash for, I can always count on being able to use a card with them. From now on though, I'm just gonna start bringing extra cash with me I think.
Old January 29, 2002, 04:55 AM   #5
cpileri

Location: Peoples Republik of Maryland, Sister State to Kalifornia
Not good customer service in my case

They ain't too helpful are they?
I called to confirm that my fax had arrived. Yes, but could i please send a larger and lighter copy of my ID, etc?
Would you accept an e-mail attatchment? no.
Ok, fine.
Can you answer a question about velocities of the ammo I ordered? No, no answers over the phone or e-mail. You have to FAX the questions to us.
Ok, fine.
Called back after I had faxed all that they had requested, and asked: now can you answer my questions? (different lady responding) No, the lady who picks up the faxes isn't here today and wont be here until tomorrow.
SO the last fellow who ascertained that my fax had arrived was just being helpful.
Ok...
Can you answer my velocity questions?
No, I dont know the answers but call back tomorrow after the techs has gotten your fax.
I hang up.
The lazy slug.

I tell you, between the required faxing and copy of credit card, and the piss-poor customer service I may not order from them again.

I admit to being more cranky in my 4th decade of life than before, but geez.

Carl
Old January 29, 2002, 02:07 PM   #6
Ledbetter

Used to have good luck with them

Until I ordered 1000 rounds of reloaded .45.

Several of the cartridges had been crushed by the loading machine and should not have left their plant.
Old February 8, 2002, 02:55 PM   #7
cpileri

Location: Peoples Republik of Maryland, Sister State to Kalifornia
Man Miwall SUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS!!!

OK, so we've read my and others above posts. to recap:
1. the want a xerox of your credit card
2. they go out of their way to AVOID answering questions
3. they ignore e-mails
4. they sell crushed product (bad Q.C.)
and to add another...
I receive PART of my order today, with a note at the bottom of the invoice which says:
"Note: Items ordered and not received are not in stock at this time. Since we do not take backorders, please re-order at a later date. thank you"
It would have been nice to know that ahead of time, since i was planning on shooting this weekend with one of the missing calibers.
This is truly some of the WORST customer service I have ever experienced.
Soon as the remainder of my stuff arrives (unless i can find another cheap source of 45 LC SWC's), that's it for me and Miwall!
Carl
http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/...threadid=97321
Old February 8, 2002, 03:03 PM   #8
ragingbull454

try these places

Hi guys:

Miwall sucks...we all know that. I found that www.natchezss.com and www.cheaperthandirt.com have great prices on ammo.

Natchezss has awesome prices on CCI-Blazer .45. I believe they are like $7/box. They're customer service is awesome! I ordered some ammo, then saw a gun case I needed, and called them to see if they could give me a discount on shipping. They couldn't do that, but they did put my orders together. We were on the phone for about a half hour. I thought how cool it was how they went the extra mile to serve my needs. They've always been great to me, and as long as they can have competitive prices, they will continue to have my business.

By the way, go to www.glocktalk.com, and do a search for 'avoid miwall corporation', and see what people wrote in response to my post. I had problems with them back in July I believe it was, and posted a beware warning to other users on that forum, and man, I really got reamed! Apparently, people on glocktalk.com love Miwall.

I'm glad we're getting the message out about Miwall here. Hopefully it will prevent others from making the mistakes that some of us here made by ordering from Miwall. I love this site! Its an excellent source of factual information.

Good luck to all of you that need to find a good place to buy shooting supplies.

Erick
Old February 14, 2002, 01:27 AM   #9
Jager1

I must step in and offer a few words in defense of Miwall Corp having done business with them for many years.

No, I do not order ammunition from them, so the complaints about their ordering policies or customer service might require some review on their part. For me, it has always been a cash and carry proposition. I will be certain to mention the dissatisfaction some of you here have expressed, (to those employees I regularly deal with) at the next show (Feb. 23-24) for what it is worth.

The ammunition I have purchased from them, both factory (Winchester, Federal, Remington, PMC, etc and their own "factory new" manufactured ammunition has always been consistent, of good quality, and priced better than many of the other popular sources listed here at TFL and other firearm related boards. I must add that I have purchased their ammunition exclusively at gun shows held locally and have always had the opportunity and luxury of inspecting the product at the point of purchase.

Their salespeople are not always the most informed regarding their product line. This I will admit. Some of their offerings offer no ballistic data, but it is the exception rather than the rule. I have received one defective (crushed case) .380 round in the few hundred thousand rounds I have purchased from them. Truth be told, I have received a higher "defect" rate with fresh factory production ammunition from major manufacturers through the years than I have had with Miwalls offerings. I think their popularity amongst customers in their "distribution area" speaks highly of their ability to provide a decent product at a fair price. They have continually told me that if I had a problem with any of their ammunition, to simply return the unused portion for an exchange or a comparably priced amount of other ammunition.

I will weigh my remarks with the following caveat. I think much of disparity I see with other purchasers comments versus my own, is in the actual purchased product. Much of the problem I see with Miwall is their "reloaded" ammunition, which I am personally unwilling to purchase. Their "reloads" are generally manufactured using mixed cases that the employees of Miwall are either unwilling (or incapable of) telling you how many times they have been fired. Nobody I know will shoot their reloads because of the inconsistent component matching and lack of information on case history. If you choose to do so, that is your business, but don't do it with the expectation of 100% quality as you might with freshly manufactured components. The odds are stacked against you from the outset. I would expect their "reload" ammunition is little more than the "loss leader" specials you see offered by any large volume distributor in a variety of business endeavors. At present, it is to be avoided.

I do suggest only purchasing their "factory new" ammunition, which is assembled using all new components. There is a marked difference in quality as there is also a difference in price, which is to be expected. Admittedly, I purchase very little of it anymore as I now reload to fulfill my ammunition requirements. Still, I do purchase case lots from time to time for casual plinking ammunition just to obtain once-fired brass. I think anyone purchasing this ammunition would be quite satisfied with the price paid versu performance.

Miwall is a volume discount distributor that deals in ammunition in bulk, offering commercial factory ammunition, imported ammunition, their own factory new ammunition and their own reloaded ammunition and reloading components. I find most of their prices quite attractive on all items and have seldom seen the same ammunition or components offered at better prices elsewhere (at least with shipping charges being considered). I would venture to say the sheer volume of their business demonstrates that the majority of shooters (if their on-line sales and the lines at the gun shows are any indication) have arrived at a similar conclusion.

I am not saying that they don't screw up, ever. I am simply saying that the few complaints I have heard about the quality of their ammunition have come from people who have purchased budget reloads using mixed cases who find themselves feeling they "didn't get what they paid for."

I am quite satisfied with Miwall, their customer service, products, and most importantly, their pricing, after almost a decade in dealing with them. I regret that some of my fellow customers may not have shared the same experience. Two sides to every coin...
Old June 4, 2007, 06:17 PM   #10
vts

Dam i just bought 2000 rounds of 125gr reloaded 9mm

I wish i had read this post earlier. Just picked up 2000 rounds of 125gr reloaded 9mm from Miwallcorp.
Yes the cases are mixed, but i do that when i reload.
And the history of the cases is unknown, but i pick up brass from the range. I don't know the history of them.

So i think that if they do a ok job on inspecting the brass im ok with it.

I have not shoot any of it yet but ill post my feelings on a later date.

Feel free to sent me a private message and ill put you on my maling list.
Old September 17, 2008, 12:07 PM   #11
vts

No problem

I have shoot 500-750 rounds of 9mm 125gr reloaded ammo from Miwallcorp. No problem yet. No duds, no squibs, no cracked cases or any thing bad.

My CZ75B works great with it, no failure to eject, feed or fire.