The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old April 9, 2009, 03:46 PM   #1
craiggu

Bass Pro

Does anyone know if bass pro carries any reloading supplies? I am going to be in Springfield, MO this weekend and was wondering if it is worth stopping by.
Old April 9, 2009, 03:51 PM   #2
CrustyFN

I hear most of them do but are very expensive. If you are going to be that close I would stop.
Rusty
Old April 9, 2009, 03:56 PM   #3
ar15chase

Yea they have reload supplies. As said before.... I think they are a little bit too proud of them though. I have found many smaller companies that are cheaper.
Old April 9, 2009, 04:04 PM   #4
captain-03

The one around here handles some powder and primers -- and when they have them, I usually pass 'em up due to price!!
Old April 9, 2009, 04:46 PM   #5
pmeisel

The ones I have been in usually have some of the standard stuff but don't stock as big a selection as I would find in some stores that specialize in guns and reloading.
Old April 9, 2009, 04:51 PM   #6
grymster2007

Finally went to the BP in Manteca, CA with my brother a couple weeks ago. Their supplies were very sparse. Empty shelves everywhere. They had some dies, bullets in a few calibers (mostly rifle), not much brass and NO primers or powder. Very disappointing.
Old April 10, 2009, 09:27 AM   #7
godsey5

It varies. I would think the one in Springfield would since it is their flag ship store, but I don't know for sure. The one here in St. Louis does not but Cabelas's does.

Jim
Old April 10, 2009, 04:13 PM   #8
Ed_

I live about 35 miles from the Springfield store. Yes they have some reloading equipment. But as others have stated the prices are very high. I stop in about 2 weeks ago. They were completely out of all small pistol primers and bullets. They seemed to have some rifle components in stock.
Either way it is still worth the walkthrough if you have time.
Old April 10, 2009, 04:15 PM   #9
Dragon55

No

Bass Pro in E TN way too expensive.
Old April 10, 2009, 04:33 PM   #10
Dan The Sig Man

Yeah I hear the story about EMPTY shelves. I live in Fresno, and I can not find compnets local anywhere. There are no places here that specialize in reloading, so I am having to rely on the Net, BUT it is even hard to find supplies that way too. I can get Brass, Bullets and Powder (For outragous prices including shipping)... But I cant find Primers at all. I am getting a Lee Turret in about 2 weeks and wont be able to use it cause I have no Primers.
Old April 11, 2009, 04:28 AM   #11
TheNatureBoy

The Bass Pro Shop here in Hampton, Va. dosen't have them any more. When they first opened they did. Same for Concord, NC. One or two items on the shelf. Mostly black powder stuff. Other than that......
Old April 11, 2009, 08:46 AM   #12
ems-1

In my experience, they are even more expensive then the local " mom & pop"
sporting goods shop in my area.
Old April 11, 2009, 10:25 AM   #13
TJG0781

not much

Hey Craig
The Bass Pro here in the Dallas area had a pretty good selection of dies, but were sold out of powder, primers. The only supplies they had were for shot guns and muzzle loaders.
Old April 12, 2009, 11:31 AM   #14
cryogenic419

I live 5 miles from the Rossford, OH Bass Pro. They have some items, a little on the pricey side, but if I am not able to find some items elsewhere or don't feel like driving to Cabelas, I give them a whirl. One cool thing I don't know if anybody else has noticed there, if an item is out of stock, alot of the shelf tags show a restock date that is pretty accurate. So if you are dying to get your hands on an item, pay attention to the date and show up early.