The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old April 12, 2009, 12:02 PM   #1
Shane Tuttle
Staff

Hornady Lock 'N' Load Power Case Prep Center

I received MidSouthShooters Spring 2009 Master Catalog a while back. On the front cover was Hornady's Power Case Prep Center. It looks like a beast of a setup that apppears to have every feature imaginable.

Does anyone have this bad boy? What do you think? Is it a good buy considering its price tag of $315? I'm thinking it's for the extremely active rifle shooter that's planning on firing away hundreds or thousands of rounds a month. I, myself, like case prepping the old fashioned way. Is this something that really saves enormous time or is it jsut another toy on the bench?

Posting and YOU: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting
Old April 12, 2009, 01:36 PM   #2
rn22723

PURE VARPORWARE. Heck Hornady can not ship bullets, presses, shell plates, dies.......
Old April 12, 2009, 02:48 PM   #3
bobotech

Hornady can't ship? [color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color]?

Are you serious?

The only problem is that demand is at an all time freak high due to circumstances way beyond Hornady's control. A company can't just "gear up" production at the drop of the hat just because Barry was elected. Its not easy nor cheap to train new temp employees and get them to be as productive as standard full time employees.

They cant deliver because there is a freak high demand, not because of problems with the company.
Old April 12, 2009, 03:18 PM   #4
rn22723

Barry has nothing to do with it....take your tin foil hat off. Reality is that for the past few years Hornady has not shipped product in a timely manor. They have used moving to a new building as an excuse, and now you want to cover them with Barry! Get out from the tin foil hat!
Old April 12, 2009, 05:42 PM   #5
bobotech

Have you seen the auctions on Ebay for popular Hornady stuff? They are WAYY too expensive. There is an abnormally huge demand right now because of the political climate. No one can keep anything popular in stock related to reloading. Primers, powders, progressive presses, etc.

Why the hate on Hornady? I love all the reloading companies for different reasons. I don't hate on any of them, no need to.