The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old December 7, 2005, 07:10 PM   #26
Brenden

UNARMED???

What is this strange thing that you speak of???
JPFO
Old December 7, 2005, 08:36 PM   #27
Ftom14cat

mathman....I don't know about you, but I think a gun is gonna beat my brain in a straight up fight any day. Unless of course you can think people to death.......
Old December 7, 2005, 08:48 PM   #28
almark

Ftom14cat: Maybe mathman's a jedi... you'd never know, because he may have his concealed jedi permit... gotta keep the criminals guessing!

Seriously though, I think it's possible for someone to use their brain to diffuse most situations before force is ever employed... once force is employed you can use your brain to escape in some situations, but a tool such as a knife or a gun is certainly going to do a lot for your odds... your brain should be your first line of defense though.
Old December 8, 2005, 03:41 AM   #29
czc3513

Anyone pack a gun but not a cellphone?
Old December 8, 2005, 03:56 AM   #30
azurefly

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildalaska
I went out for about 4 hours without a gun and I lived to tell the tale!

Your contemptuous sarcasm seems to know no bounds.

Apart from lampooning those among us who find they don't feel quite comfortable to go without arms now that they're used to bearing them, was there any NON-sarcastic point to be made by starting this thread?

-azurefly
Old December 13, 2005, 09:52 AM   #31
mathman

Quote:
mathman....I don't know about you, but I think a gun is gonna beat my brain in a straight up fight any day. Unless of course you can think people to death.......
Actually, I was referring to avoiding situations as much as possible. I realize that I can't always avoid every bad situation, but since I live in this God forbidden sorry excuse for a state, I gotta tell myself that I don't always need a gun with me...either that, or I have to start breaking the law and carry a gun.
Old December 13, 2005, 10:31 AM   #32
pax

Quote:
Originally Posted by czc3513
Anyone pack a gun but not a cellphone?
I did, for years. Don't get any cell service out here anyhow. But I do have a cell phone these days & check messages when I go into town, once or twice a week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildmasteroftheannoyingsignatureAlaska
I Was Unarmed...and Lived To Tell About It!
Years ago, I saw a man so drunk he could barely stand up on his own, precariously balanced and swaying back and forth as he peed down into the first sheer drop at the very edge of the Grand Canyon.

He lived to tell about that, too.

pax
Old December 13, 2005, 10:38 AM   #33
WhyteP38

Hey, Wild, I sometimes go unarmed through an entire day. Gets the ole heart pumping, eh?

As exhilirating as that is, I have to admit I'm glad when I finally get home and feel safe again. Gun in every room, you know, and three in the garage. Like right now, I find comfort in the fake CD drive in my computer. Press a button, and it pops out not a CD platter but a hidden Makarov, just in case I need to download some rounds into a BG.

Anyway, be safe and don't make going unarmed a habit. Bad habits are hard to break.
Old December 13, 2005, 12:24 PM   #34
Mikeyboy

Model 25...in Iraq with no gun??? That Stinks. I'm a recent CCW permit holder and I don't carry 24/7 yet (waiting for after X-mas to buy a smaller gun), but I do feel naked without at least my gerber folder.
Old December 13, 2005, 01:29 PM   #35
Wildalaska

Quote:
Apart from lampooning those among us who find they don't feel quite comfortable to go without arms now that they're used to bearing them, was there any NON-sarcastic point to be made by starting this thread?
How thinned skinned folks get when their cherished beliefs are lampooned?

Quote:
WildmasteroftheannoyingsignatureAlaska

I have everybody doing it

WildtrendsetterAlaska
Old December 13, 2005, 07:59 PM   #36
IZinterrogator

Quote:
I find comfort in the fake CD drive in my computer. Press a button, and it pops out not a CD platter but a hidden Makarov, just in case I need to download some rounds into a BG.
Dude, where can I get one of those?!
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!” - Samuel Adams