The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Closed Thread

Old August 3, 2013, 04:36 PM   #1
annimus2

**DELETE**CED M2 Chronograph Software Help

Good Evening,

I am new to the forums and was hoping the CED M2 Chronograph users could possibly help me out.

I recently purchased the CED M2 Chrony and was attempting to get the software installed on my computer and updated. The chrony came with software version 3.6.2. I was able to install that without any issues onto my computer which is running Windows 7.

I went online to see about any updates for the software and found it is up to 4.x.x. I read all of the instructions on how to upgrade the software from 3.6 to 4.x.x since the 3.6 was not intended for Windows xp/7.

I deactivated the UAC on my computer as instructed, reinstalled the software (worked again) and when i went to upgrade it failed stating "Cannot install the update. File locations indicate the old installation is not complete."

I tried everything multiple times with no luck. Has anyone experienced this problem? If so, how did you resolve it?

EDIT: Was looking at a different type of software. Sorry.

Thanks!

Last edited by annimus2; August 3, 2013 at 05:05 PM. Reason: Problem Solved
Old August 3, 2013, 04:51 PM   #2
arizona98tj

Where did you find the 4.x version?

I just checked my v3.6.1 software CD and it states on it that it is Windows 7 compliant.

That being said, I can only find v3.6.2 on the CED web site. No mention of anything newer than that.
Old August 3, 2013, 05:02 PM   #3
annimus2

Since you mentioned that, further look into the website was an error on my part. I was looking at the shooting labs software, not the data collector software.

I am up to date.

Sorry for the misunderstanding of the software.

Thanks!
Old August 3, 2013, 05:10 PM   #4
arizona98tj

I just returned to post a question, wondering if you were on the software development company's web site...that had a 4.x version for another product but it wasn't for the chronograph you have.

I see you figured it out. Hope everything works out well for you. If you are reloading, keep in mind that attention to detail is a very important aspect of the hobby.
Old August 3, 2013, 05:17 PM   #5
JohnKSa
Staff

Problem solved.