The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old June 24, 2002, 07:21 PM   #1
sistema_colt

Which 1911 sights?

I am building a 1911 with an Essex Arms slide that has a rear dovetail for Bo-Mar sights. I know that the Caspian and the Bo-Mar adjustables both fit this, but I am more interested in getting a fixed sight for this one. I'd prefer something that won't snag or get in the way ... can anyone recommend anything that will fit my desires AND the existing dovetail?

TIA,

SC

ps ... By the way the slide looks quite nice in a bead blasted matte stainless.
Old June 25, 2002, 07:35 AM   #2
George Stringer
Staff Alumnus

sistema_colt , I can't think of one off hand but you might give the Brownells tech support staff a call. George
Old June 25, 2002, 10:46 AM   #3
sistema_colt

George ... Thanks.

I did one better and gave Essex Arms a call. It turns out that they are just going to send me one with a Novak cut. Shame on me for not asking about it up front ... I'll chalk this one up to a VERY inexpensive novice mistake.

I've heard people say disparaging things about Essex ... but so far I've been quite favorably impressed ... both with their quick e-mail response as well as their reasonableness.

SC
Old June 25, 2002, 12:11 PM   #4
stans

You will hear disparaging remarks about older Essex components. Their newer slides and frames seem to be fine. I understand that they now use CNC milling machines for all machine work.