The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Closed Thread

Old May 23, 2013, 12:33 PM   #1
BarryLee

Ice-T & Ted Nugent Gun Rights Movie

Director Kris Koenig has produced a movie titled, “Assaulted: Civil Rights under Fire” which approaches the current gun control debate from a historical and civil rights perspective. The film is narrated by rapper/actor Ice-T and features Nugent, Brady Campaign Rep. and UCLA Professor Adam Winkler. The movie is due in theaters in June.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...ntcmp=features
A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it ... gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
- Milton Friedman
Old May 23, 2013, 11:40 PM   #2
Cowboyflyer

I am for sure going to go check it out!
Need more guys like that speaking up.
Old May 23, 2013, 11:53 PM   #3
BarryLee

Oops, just realized there’s already a thread open related to this film. I used the search function before posting – really I did.

http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=500820
A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it ... gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
- Milton Friedman
Old May 24, 2013, 12:55 AM   #4
ClydeFrog

From Cop Killer to NYPD Detective to 2A supporter....

FWIW; former NRA president & former president of SAG(screen actors guild), Charlton Heston trashed Ice-T for his early 1990s; Cop Killer rap song.
Ice-T played a drug cop in New Jack City then later played on Law & Order SVU.
He's also US Army veteran(combat engineers).
I don't think Ice-T is a bad person but I think there are much better voices for a pro gun doc or 2A supporter film.

Some of these 2A groups & shooting sports industry members need to research who they deal with or make deals with. Bad press or double standards are the last thing US gun owners need or want in 2013.
Old May 24, 2013, 07:09 AM   #5
Tom Servo
Staff

As the OP pointed out, we've already got a thread open on this, so let's keep discussion there.
Closed Thread