The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old June 29, 2006, 02:07 PM   #1
RoscoeC

CCW Class in Las Vegas

I am going to find myself in Las Vegas for a few days in August. I have to go to Las Vegas at least once a year, and usually more often than that. Since I am not much on the gambling thing I am thinking of going after my Nevada CHL, and possibly doing the Utah and Florida thing at the same time. I have searched on the web, and also the lists on this site, but have only found a few of references, and several of those turn out to be in Reno. I found the Front Sight website, but they require 3 days (must take one of their 2 day pistol courses prior to the CHL class). While I would love to take one of their courses, I don't have that much time. Anybody have any suggestions or recommendations? I am an experienced shooter, and hold my Texas CHL.
NRA Life Member
Old July 1, 2006, 12:14 AM   #2
JasoninSD

Roscoe,

I took a class with Jim Mayhugh at http://www.gmj.com/home.php. He is a good guy and I would recomend him to anyone. He is not one of these that insists that his way is the only right way. I took the class in May on a Saturday and turned in my paperwork on Monday. I'm still waiting for the permit but I understand it takes about 120 days in Las Vegas.

By the way, Jim is able to sign off on the UT application so I am waiting on that one also at this point.

Jason
Old July 1, 2006, 12:44 AM   #3

http://www.thegunstorelasvegas.com/

Every Saturday and every Wednesday plus the third Sunday of each month.
The guy that teaches the class is a real good guy and is a machine gun guru.
The store is right down the street from the MGM/New York, New York/Tropicana/Excalibur/The Thomas & Mack Center. It is on Tropicana Ave East of Maryland Parkway.
From behind each fence and farmyard wall,
Chasing the redcoats down the lane,
Then crossing the fields to emerge again
Under the trees at the turn of the road,
And only pausing to fire and load.