The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Lock and Load: Live Fire Exercises

Old December 22, 2001, 01:29 AM   #1
LilJoe

Is it too early to think about this spring?

Just thinking is it too early to plan a BIG TFL gathering for the spring of 2002? Was thinking of maybe central PA that way we could get people from OH, NY, NJ, MD, VA, WV, and of course PA. And anyone else that would be interested in making a weekend trip. If we could find a big enough place it could be a weekend thing with camping and all. With the people from the TFL that we have gotten together with it has been completely enjoyable and could only imagine how interesting and fun it would be.
Old December 23, 2001, 10:03 AM   #2
Hal

never too early to think about Spring
even though we only got semi Winter weather a few days ago.
Old December 25, 2001, 01:16 PM   #3
hksigwalther

Felt like full blown winter (temperature-wise) last night in Parma. Sorry I didn't make it out to the last outing. I was hacking up phlegm in Christmas colors Thanksgiving weekend.
Old December 25, 2001, 02:09 PM   #4
Mal H
Staff

Let me throw a location into the pot to see what you all think. We have held our MATFLCS (pronounced mat-flics, Mid-Atlantic TFL Campfest and Shootfest) at the National Forest range area on Rt. 33 in West Virginia several times. It has camping areas for plenty of us. It has an eight(?) position 100 yd range. I believe it is within a 200-250 mile drive from a whole slew of TFL'ers. Check a map and look where Rt. 33 crosses into WV from VA. The range is roughly 5 miles across the border.
Old December 25, 2001, 10:37 PM   #5
LilJoe

That doesn't sound that far..

Another idea would be multi area meets the same weekend. I don't know the other areas people are from.. I know that we've had a couple good turn outs and I't looks like there have been some good turn outs in the eastern pa area so I thought it would be pretty cool to get an even better one together.. The place that Mal stated doesn't sound bad. Plus they say that gun owners are rednecks so camping should fall into the redneck theme.. LMAO
Old December 30, 2001, 02:33 AM   #6
3 gun

I'm thinking of spring already too, so you're not to early. I'd hope starting off with plenty of notice and a good date we could get a large group together from east of the Mississippi. Maybe like the end of summer shoot from a short time back. When and where ever we end up I hope it has lots of room, I plan on having a new BIG rifle sometime early this year. Maybe a poll in general to gauge the support of a "TFL East of the Mississippi shoot" would have?
Opportunity knocks..Trouble kicks down the door.