The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old September 7, 2012, 09:27 PM   #1
asm3686

Beretta 92fs inox value?

I am considering buying a used Beretta 92fs inox. It is used but low round count and in pretty decent shape a little wear on the frame but nothing more than holster wear. What would you consider a fair price for this gun? I bought my other 92fs out the door for 600 bit it was brand new and not an inox.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Old September 7, 2012, 11:10 PM   #2
Creeper

New ones run about $665-$700 in my neck of the woods. Assuming very good condition, box, mags and accessories... $540-$595 seems about right.

C
Old September 8, 2012, 06:45 AM   #3
PSP

I paid $550 for my 92 INOX Vertec. Anything around that would be a good price.
Old September 9, 2012, 07:17 PM   #4
TailGator

There was one in a shop in my area with a price tag of $600. That particular shop is generally on the high edge of what I would consider a normal price. I was interested and handled it a couple of times, but wound up passing on it.

The nature of the finish on the Inox pistols is a factor. Older ones had a silver anodized finish that is well thought of. They then went through a phase during which the silver finish was painted on and seemed to be easily scuffed, with a yellow anodized layer beneath. A year or so ago, they made some improvement in the painted-on finish that seems to have improved its durability. Presumably you want an Inox for its looks, so be wary of the soft painted-on finish. Check some wear areas and see if that yellow metal is showing through. One area where I have seen a lot of damage to that finish is beneath the take-down lever, although operator technique is also a factor in that. If you are lucky enough to be looking at one with the silver anodized finish, I would personally consider it to be more valuable than otherwise.