The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Lock and Load: Live Fire Exercises

Old September 23, 2002, 07:46 AM   #1
jimsbowies

Just Back from Blackwater

I attended the Blackwater Training Center's one-day tactical pistol course last Friday.

Wow! What a place! First class facilities, first class people, incredible location.....First rate instructor...young fellow but what a pistolero!

We had nine folks in the class.....after a couple of hours of very good classroom instruction, off to the range.....they had told us to bring at least 400 rounds....operative term being "at least"....because with a class that size, the instructor encouraged us to shoot as much as possible...

We went through every thing from malfunction drills, "tap, rack, execute", to both speed and tactical reloads, timed target engagements, El Presidente drills, etc.....

Blackwater manufactures target systems as well and of course, use them at the site....slick stuff.....

They have overnight lodging available in their "bunk house" set up on the property....food was good.....and the lodging and other stuff was inexpensive....but so too was the one-day tactical pistol....only $150.00....cheap at twice the price...

And apparenly there are many folks who agree. While there, I saw or met folks fromt the ATF Special Response Team, British SAS, British Embassy Security, Navy Security Details and more SEAL's than you can say grace over!

You gotta to try this place if you have never had a "shot" at a professional training facility.....
Old September 23, 2002, 08:23 AM   #2
Sundance

I took the 3-day Pistol class about 2 years ago...agree with all of above.
Old September 23, 2002, 02:20 PM   #3
jimsbowies

moved?

Why and where to? I'm confused
Old September 23, 2002, 03:29 PM   #4
Navy joe

Jim, we have an IPSC club there too, Charlotte is not that bad a drive, you should come shoot there. Sir Walter in Creedmoor, NC also puts on excellent matches.