The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Old June 7, 2013, 08:59 AM   #76
Talybama

I also keep a Mossberg 12ga by my bed ALL the time. And I normally keep my lc9 in the nightstand. But if things get really bad, my bedroom is about 8 feet from the gun safe where the other pistols, shotgun, and the ars are. Lol My son has had the "talk" about never EVER touching mom's guns without permission. He's also seen the watermelon demonstration so he can see what the guns will do. We are always working with him on gun safety, even with his toy guns. His BB gun gets kept in the safe too. Lol Don't get me wrong I know kids are curious, but he has had it drilled into him that they are very very dangerous. And so far when he wants to look at one he will come to my fiance or I and ask... plus he can't reach the 12ga at my bed side.
Old June 7, 2013, 10:39 AM   #77
Garycw

Does your gun do both CCW and nightstand duty?

In summer usually carry sig 238. Nightstand RIA .45, 12ga. 00 cruiser W/pressure pad light at head of bed against wall and UltraFire flashlight next to .45. . Plus a full perimeter alarm system. Bring it on. I'm a light sleeper too!
Old June 7, 2013, 11:21 AM   #78
mavracer

Not usually. But I've go a bunch of different guns I trust for both duties and many have been both carried and done nightstand duty.
My handguns are are for one purpose only, though...
The starter gun on the "Fat man's mad dash tactical retreat."
Old June 7, 2013, 04:07 PM   #79
glh17

Sort of. I'm awaiting my carry permit but I plan on my S&W 9c doing both. It's my nightstand gun now. I do plan to pocket carry a S&W Bodyguard 380 on those occasions where my 9c is less concealed than I want.