The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old November 1, 2000, 08:00 AM   #1
BB

When I type a response in the message window, and hit submit, if I've forgoten to enter my password (or if the browser doesn't autocomplete the field for instance), then you get the "Sorry! you did not enter all the fields" message. Then I hit the back button and all my text is gone! No other boards running UBB do this, and it's very frustrating when you've typed out a long reply to just lose it all and have to start over. Makes me just say "screw it" and not post. Is there not a cache feature that can be inabled?
Old November 1, 2000, 09:09 AM   #2
Rich Lucibella
Staff

This response was published as follows:
1) I entered it with a bad password
2) I hit Submit and got an error message
3) I hit back and corrected my password (the text remained)
4) I hit Submit

Now, if it appears, I wonder if I should just say "screw it" everytime someone asks a question without properly researching it?
Rich
Old November 1, 2000, 01:41 PM   #3
Gunslinger

Rich, unless I am misreading it, it looks as though when BB hits the back button his post is no longer there.
I can see how this would be frustrating. But would have to think that the problem is in his computer and not with TFL since the problem is, seemingly, isolated to him.
BB, I would suggest checking you own settings and in the mean time spend a few extra seconds to check your user info before clicking on submit.