The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old April 18, 2000, 10:00 PM   #1
Big Bunny

After my recent LEE AUTO-Prime good experiences, I ordered some Lee Precision Carbide Dies in 40S&W.

They cost $AUD60 and came with full instructions AND shellholder and are really excellent and I got through re-sizing and de-capping 800 cases on the RC 11 press[once-fired cases from our local police Glocks] so easily ..I just couldn't believe it !

Thanks for all the FL advice, you have a great site here, keep it up !

Thanks to all.

------------------
***Big Bunny***
Old April 19, 2000, 12:28 PM   #2
Jaeger

I use Lee dies almost exclusivley and love them. I've been reloadng for 10 years and the only die related problems I have experienced have come from RCBS dies. Some of Lee's other products are a bit questionalbe but their dies are second to none.
Old April 19, 2000, 03:07 PM   #3
Roberts45

I use Lee dies and the cheapest place inside the USA is Graf & Son INC to buy reloading equipment, could be some cheaper but I have not found them. They are on the net. Shipping anywhere in the 48 States is free and their carbide dies are 24 dollars. I have found them to be cheaper on everything else except bullets.

------------------
Robert
Old April 19, 2000, 03:51 PM   #4
Bill Hebert

All my dies are Lee's except one set of Dillons that someone "threw in" on a deal. I received my latest Lee set yesterday from Midway. If I remember it was the Deluxe carbide set and cost $23 including shipping. If I order before noon, I have always received the order in two working days. I broke one of their "unbreakable" decapping pins when I tried to deprime a Berdan case. Called and had a replacement pin in 3 days no charge. The Lee dies are a little bit of a pain to get into adjustment, but they have always kept the adjustment when loading hundreds of rounds. I understand that's pretty much the same for other brands also.Good luck.
Old April 20, 2000, 12:57 AM   #5
Big Bunny

Good to hear all that, prices in USA are really good. Here you can treble any price for US gear as our price includes 21% sales tax, customs duty and a very generous margin for the importer!!

The CZ75 is already in the local shop waiting for the paperwork (3 weeks minimum "cooling off")although I have 8 other pistols)and all I need is the 40 cal projectiles (coming) and 5.5gn of Green Dot each !!