The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old October 10, 2013, 09:49 AM   #1
camsdaddy

J frame pocket holster

I currently have a Mika round cut and a Uncle Mike's #3 that I use when I carry my S&W Model 60 in my pocket. I find both of these work well in shorts and khaki's and I find the 60 my Sunday gun more and more. I also find my 60 being my yard work gun. Recently I have found my J frame shooting has drastically improved and I feel comfortable carrying it a little more. That said. I find when I carry in blue jeans the butt of the grip seems to print. Currently using the Uncle Mike boot grip which I find I shoot better than the Houge Bantam and the Monogrip. I say seems to print because in reality I realize that folks are so caught up with themselves that printing is really something that only those look for notice. I also realize that I notice it more because I am looking down on than someone would looking straight on. I carry a whole heap of stuff in my pockets so having a full pocket doesnt bother me. I am in search of another holster. I am thinking maybe a Mike square cut. Simply because the square shape will appear to be a wallet or phone etc while being thin but not allowing the cylinder etc to print. I dont care if its leather or kydex or ? but I would prefer for it to hide the grip. What do you use? What do you suggest?
Old October 10, 2013, 10:35 AM   #2
ClydeFrog

new pocket rigs....

I'd suggest looking at the pocket carry holsters from DeSantis, Tuff Products, Galco.
I got a DeSantis Nemnesis in 2004 for my Total Ti Protector .357 snub.
This sticky rubber material works very well.
Tuff Products sells holsters with added slots of 5/6 rounds strips.
A few safety orange or black strips are never a bad idea to have when you pack a 5 shot snub.
They also fit snug in a tin Altoids mint case.

Clyde
Old October 10, 2013, 10:40 AM   #3
Revoltella

Nothing's as good for pocket carrying a revolver than a Mika. Get the square bottom one so you'll have both.
Old October 10, 2013, 10:50 AM   #4
Water-Man

Simply Rugged Pocket Protector
Old October 10, 2013, 02:00 PM   #5
saltydog452

As mentioned before, leather carry, either on the belt, or in the pocket might not always be your only solution.

You have other options, check it out.