The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old March 29, 2011, 03:08 PM   #1
DAdams

Viridian Compact Green Laser/LED on a M&P 40c

I recently purchased a couple of S&W M&Ps. 9Pro and 40c. I also have a Walther P99 I could use this on...or even my AR.

The UI is intuitive and the modes programmable. 100 Lumens on the light and set up with wide flood not much throw. Powered with a CR2, which I already use in another carry light.

Here is the Viridian Green Laser/LED C5L on a 40c. The green laser blows away the Crimson Trace red lasers.

The .40c is sporting an X-Grip and full size magazine. The Storm Lake Conversion to 9mm barrel is in (I can swap with the FS 9mm mags) as is the Apex DCEAK kit.

Courtesy Viridian
Old March 29, 2011, 03:46 PM   #2
Rogervzv

Great post. Thanks for the pics.

How about a range report with the M&P and Veridian combo?
Old March 29, 2011, 09:50 PM   #3
DAdams

Will do, don't know when though lots of travel coming up.
Old March 29, 2011, 10:33 PM   #4
labhound

Here's my Stoeger Cougar 8045 with the Viridian C5L. Used for home defense and range duty. For me the "on" button is perfect, with my trigger finger extended it rests on top of the button.

Last edited by labhound; March 29, 2011 at 10:45 PM. Reason: added info
Old March 29, 2011, 10:39 PM   #5
BGutzman

I have both the Viridian and Crimson Trace? Yes, Viridian is much easier to see under all conditions, but its almost impossible to find a holster for other than the one manufactured by Viridian.

Second the buttons on the Viridian require a reach in front of the trigger to activate and that adds one more step to take in a life or death situation.

I love the Viridian but I have no practical way to carry it other than some plastictastic holster I hate... Until Viridian comes up with a better design, Crimson is my CCW and Viridian is a range laser.