The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old December 29, 2012, 03:00 PM   #1
willmc33

HK USP 45 full size holster? Help please.

I just got a HK USP 45 full size that I do like. I am getting pretty irritated with the fact however that I am having so much trouble finding a holster for it. I ordered an Itac that said it would fit, it didnt, I ordered a Fobus Roto Evolution holster, its so tight that it pulls the holster and gun together when you try to dry it..lol. I am looking for a good paddle holster that will fit this gun for a somewhat reasonable price. For those that own these what holsters do you use or what have you had good results with. Very frustarated with the seemingly lacking available holsters for this gun.
Old December 30, 2012, 12:56 AM   #2
BarryLee

I purchased a Safriland 6378 for my HK USP 40 and have been pretty happy. I know people making holster for the HK line is a little limited compared to other guns, so you may have to look around. Another option may be to contact someone like Simply Rugged Holsters and see what they offer. I believe they make each holster to order, so you might have a better chance of getting what you want.
A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it ... gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
- Milton Friedman
Old December 30, 2012, 01:02 AM   #3

I've been very pleased with my black RH Galco CombatMaster for my USP45, but it is not a paddle-style holster. It is a canted belt-slot OWB if it matters to you.
Old December 30, 2012, 03:00 AM   #4
ClydeFrog

Holster makers for a USP .45acp....

I'm sure you can find a decent rig for your .45acp pistol. USPs are not as common as the mid 1990s, but you can look around.
Depending on your budget, style of carry(open, field, concealed, etc) and choice(polymer, leather, nylon) I'd look here;

Safariland, Don Hume, Galco, Blade-tech, High Noon Holsters, Milt Sparks, Alessi, DeSantis, Kirkpatrick Leather, COM Holsters, Mernickle, Blackhawk.

I'd suggest a level II model for safety & retention.
If you buy a gun belt, get a lined format with a 1.5" or 1.75" width.
Some makers offer leathers like bull, horsehide or exotic too.

Clyde
Old December 31, 2012, 12:01 AM   #5
Rinspeed

I'm a big fan of the Galco Concealable for an off the shelf holster and had one for my USP.
Old December 31, 2012, 09:02 AM   #6
deeHKman

Milt Spark's for me..

I carry my HK45c in a Milt Spark's VMII. I have a MS for my HK45 also. I like leather myself. You could put a WTB on HKPro and get answer's in the leather section. A friend on their carries his USP .45 everyday as some other's. I'll look and see what another small female carries her HK45 in shortly..i know it's kydex..found it she carries in a Raven Concealment Phantom.
2 Corinthians 12:9 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

Last edited by deeHKman; December 31, 2012 at 09:09 AM.
Old January 1, 2013, 08:15 AM   #7
mes228

Holster

Black Hawk Serpa. I just purchased one, not for an H&K USP though. The Black Hawk for the USP fits the M&P C.O.R.E. PRO 9mm quite handily. I dislike the Black Hawk locking system but some seem to like it. I'll use it until I can find something that fits the C.O.R.E. I like better. A holstered pistol is a "safe" pistol so it's important.
Old January 2, 2013, 06:03 AM   #8
NWCP

I have a HK45C that I routinely carry. The best holster that I have found for it is made by Kramer out of Tacoma, WA. It's an IWB with snap leather loops and a nice forward cant. I carry the HK comfortably all day with this holster. They craft an identical holster for the HK45. Check them out. They are reasonable and very well made.

http://www.kramerleather.com/product...TOKEN=99400867