The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old February 2, 2011, 09:52 PM   #1
teumessian_fox

Electronic predator calling gear

My Johnny Stewart caller is dead. It was a cassette w/rechargeable battery and 50 foot corded speaker.

Anyway, I'd like a cordless/remote model.

Recommendations?
Old February 2, 2011, 10:00 PM   #2
huntinaz

I've had good luck sitting behind a Foxpro Scorpion. The new Scorpion X1B looks pretty sweet, and has the new Foxbang program which looks awesome. That's a lotta call for $350, it's what I'm going to buy when I buy one. Otherwise, I've heard good things about the Spitfire.
Old February 2, 2011, 10:06 PM   #3
nathaniel

I have a Foxpro Firestorm, paid right around $500 for it. Let me say it is worth every penny! Around here they put a bounty on them last year so every Tom, Dick, and Harry were out "calling" for them. Needless to say all the yotes around here are educated. Before I got the Foxpro I couldnt even get one to howl, first time I set up I got two old yotes. I would think any of the foxpros would work but I just like the Firestorm, and the Foxbang feature is amazing.
Old February 4, 2011, 02:44 AM   #4
Irish80prf

If you want to go on the cheap but pretty darn good call the Flextone echo er1 is a nice call. Can't load sounds but it comes with 100 and the remote has worked out to 200 yards for me, line of sight with the caller a couple feet off of the ground. Wildlifecallers.com has them for $116 but they are on backorder. Volume is supposed to be about like the spitfire if not a little louder since it has a two speakers. Also you can't add external speakers which is a down fall. It has 90 WT sounds so they are pretty much the best quality you can get. Sound is crisp with no distortion even at peak volume.
Old February 4, 2011, 01:00 PM   #5
rickyrick

the radio shack homemade job is fairly easy and cheap to accomplish, just look it up on varmintals.com. However, finding a variety of freebie mp3 calls is more difficult.

sorry didn't catch the remote part.