The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old November 15, 2012, 01:28 PM   #1
armoredman

Fire at Dan Wesson

The Dan Wesson Firearms plant in Norwich, NY was significantly damaged by a fire on Wednesday, November 14. All employees successfully evacuated the building and one employee is reported to have suffered burns not requiring hospitalization.

The fire is believed to have started in the basement and is speculated to have been electrical in nature. While the fire was primarily contained to the assembly department, the entire facility experienced significant water and smoke damage.

The facility is expected to remain closed through the end of 2012. Updates will be posted to www.cz-usa.com.

Dan Wesson Firearms’ parent company, CZ-USA in Kansas City, will be handling customer inquiries during the closure, but as our subject matter experts will be involved in getting the facility back up and running, we do ask for patience and understanding over the next few months. Dan Wesson parts and warranty claims will experience delays during this period. Orders placed through CZ-USA for new firearms have not been lost or cancelled and will ship as soon as possible when production resumes.
Old November 15, 2012, 07:53 PM   #2
WVsig

Fire at Dan Wesson...

I saw this on another forum....

Quote:
The Dan Wesson Firearms plant in Norwich, NY was significantly damaged by a fire on Wednesday, November 14. All employees successfully evacuated the building and one employee is reported to have suffered burns not requiring hospitalization.

The fire is believed to have started in the basement and is speculated to have been electrical in nature. While the fire was primarily contained to the assembly department, the entire facility experienced significant water and smoke damage.

The facility is expected to remain closed through the end of 2012. Updates will be posted to www.cz-usa.com.

Dan Wesson Firearms’ parent company, CZ-USA in Kansas City, will be handling customer inquiries during the closure, but as our subject matter experts will be involved in getting the facility back up and running, we do ask for patience and understanding over the next few months. Dan Wesson parts and warranty claims will experience delays during this period. Orders placed through CZ-USA for new firearms have not been lost or cancelled and will ship as soon as possible when production resumes.
Old November 15, 2012, 07:56 PM   #3
dayman

Yeah, they posted it on their facebook page. Apparently God is siding with my wife in the argument over whether I should buy a VBob.
I was just glad everyone got out okay.
Old November 17, 2012, 06:34 PM   #4
bearclaw46

If I were the Dan Wesson folks, this would be a perfect opportunity to get out of that anti-gun state of NY. Move somewhere more gun-friendly. Not my call tho. Glad no one was hurt. I have a V-bob and love it. Dan Wesson = Quality