The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old October 18, 1999, 04:43 PM   #1
John Foley
Retired Screen Name

Hi all,

Anyone know where I can find loading data for the use of sabots, with a 50gr .224 bullet, for my .30-06? Has anyone out there had experenice reloading them? If so, I sure would appreciate hearing from you as I have no idea as to how to go about it ,eg., do you insert the bullet, in the sabot before seating it in the case, or do you seat the sabot and then insert the bullet?

E-mail on the subject would be appreciated.
Old October 18, 1999, 10:03 PM   #2
M16

Sure John, check out www.reloadammo.com. Go to just about the bottom of the page and you will see the text about sabots. To load them you should seat the bullet in the sabot before you inserting them into the case. I have some load data for sabots at another location. If you don't find what you need at this website post back and I will see if I can help you some more.