The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old January 16, 2012, 06:32 PM   #1
sigcurious

Mini-range report: Kimber Custom II

I just got back from the range with my first 1911, and darn it...I'm hooked!
I shot 100rds of range reloads with no issues, and it was as accurate as I am capable of. Slight tangent...if you haven't been to the range in a few weeks, adding a big cup of coffee before going to the range is not recommended!

Definitely going to take a little getting used to the trigger. No take up and no staging, it really brings home the meaning of just pressing and having it be a surprise when it goes off. I always found that a bit difficult with my p226 to understand as with that trigger it creeps a bit until it hits a definite wall and I know its about to go no matter how hard I try to be surprised.

Also pleasant, all my magazines seem to work just fine, so no having to fiddle with magazine selection.

And now a question. Does anyone know which sight picture kimbers default to? I was shooting a tad high, but I was doing #3(dot over) from the often posted 3 different sight picture image, and I'm guessing kimbers default to #2(top of sights bisecting the bullseye). Just want to check though.