The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Competition Shooting

Old April 17, 2000, 10:38 PM   #1
Tony N
Staff Alumnus

Here's a question:
Supposed a classified Limited shooter wants to start shooting the new "Production" or "Limited 10" class.
Does the shooter carry over his Limited classification, or does he shoot unclassified untill he's gone through the 4 match classification process.
Just curious. Might be fun to shoot production with carry gear.
Old April 18, 2000, 10:56 AM   #2
AF Shooter

Tony N,
As I understand it, we will all have to shoot classifiers for the new divisions we want to play in. I'm looking forward to getting classified in both Lim-10 and Production. May be hard to find local clubs that will run the new divisions on a monthly basis until USPSA gets the scoring software on line. Even after that it may take up to six months to get a new class card. I'm lucky here in West Tex in that we have several clubs within a couple hours driving time that hold special classifer matchs at least once during the year. 4 stages, each a classifier, so someone can get classified in one day. Still takes the USPSA 4 months to get your new card to you, but it's better than 6 months.

------------------
Tom Whitman
SSgt, USAF

[This message has been edited by AF Shooter (edited April 18, 2000).]
Old April 18, 2000, 04:58 PM   #3
motorep

Interesting question...I'd say ask your SC or call Sedro. Being that they're aren't any high hit factors on record in the new divisions, I'd go along with the 6 month estimate. I would think that your local clubs would use your Limited classification in the meantime, though. We've been using a "Limited 10 with carry gear" informally for a few months- big surprise- the same people are winning.
Old April 19, 2000, 06:44 PM   #4
wakal

Although an average shooter can do better with top equipment, a top shooter can still win with average equipment.

Funny how that works out.

I, of course, am an average shooter with average gear, but I'm still working on it...

Alex