The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old September 21, 2012, 07:09 PM   #1
375bigbore

Chiappa 1911-22

jUST THOUGHT i'D PUT MY EXPERIENCE OUT THERE FOR ANYONE CONSIDERING A CHIAPPA FIREARM. PURCHASED A NEW ON ORDERED TARGET MODEL SPECIAL 1911-22 TARGET. WAITED 3 WEEKS FOR IT TOOK OUT TO SHOOT TRIGGER PULL MUST HAVE BEEN 15LBS BUT AT 25YDS COULDN'T GET 10 ROUNDS ON A 24 INCH TARGET OR GET 2 WITHIN AND INCH OF EACH OTHER. THEIR WARRANTY PAPERS REQUIRE 300 ROUNDS THROUGH THE GUN WE PUT 500 THROUGH IT BROUGHT IT HOME TO CLEAN LOOKED IN BARREL HAD CHNCKS MISSING OUT OF THE RIFLEING . WIFE COULN NOT PULL TRIGGER. CALLED GOT RETURN AUTHORIZATION TO SEND BACK THE HAD THE DEALER SEND IT TOTHEM LIKE THEY WANTED. THIS TOO PLACE 3RD OF MARCH. THEY NEVER CONTACTED US FINALLY THE DEALER CALLED THEM THEY SAID IT SHOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN SHIPPED DIDN'T EVEN HAVE AN CERTIFICATION STICKER AND IT WAS JUNK THEY WERE GOING TO SEN NEW ONE THEY NEVER EVER CONTACTED OR EMALED ME TILL 3 MONTHS WHEN I FINSALLY SENT THEN A E-MAIL WANTING TO KNOW SOMETHIN GOT A NASTY REPLY THAT SAID WHAT PART OF 90 DAY TIME DON'T YOU UNDER STAND AT THIS POINT IT WAS 83 DAYS WELL TO DAY GOT CALL FROM DEALER SAYING HE FINALLY GOT IT 9-21. WELL 3RD MONTH TO 9 MONTH ALMOST ENDED SO PRODUCT SUCKS AND CUSTERMER SERVICE DOESN'T EVEN EXIST . PLEASE BEWARE
Old September 22, 2012, 02:16 AM   #2
ballardw

I recently had an opportunity to handle a friends Chiappa and it had a similar trigger pull. Maybe the lawyers got involved with this for "safety" reasons?!?
Old September 22, 2012, 05:24 AM   #3
qwiksdraw

My experience with Chiappa was quite different than yours. I found them to be helpful and quick to reply. It's disappointing to read of your experience.

Best of luck to you.

(btw, typing in all caps is bad form)
Old September 22, 2012, 10:48 AM   #4
45Gunner

The first time I took mine down for cleaning, the plunger tube fell off. Sent it back to the factory and it was fixed. I found that it took several thousand rounds before the trigger became light and smooth enough to be called a target pistol.

Forget about any type of microscopic accuracy. It won't happen with this gun.
Mine has become a safe queen and probably would trade it for a box of good protein bars.
NRA Life Member
Old September 22, 2012, 08:20 PM   #5
Venom1956

Caps lock looks stupid and makes it hard to read.
E-Shock rounds are engineered to expend maximum energy into soft targets, turning the density mass into an expanding rotational cone of NyTrilium matrix particles, causing neurological collapse to the central nervous system.- Yeah I can do that.
I guarantee you will know it if a bicyclist hits your house going 1000 mph. -Smaug
Old September 22, 2012, 09:25 PM   #6
franco45

I have several thousand rounds through mine. No real problems. It's a cheap plinker. Nothing more, nothing less.
Old September 23, 2012, 01:59 AM   #7
GaryH

I've put 4 bricks or so thru one I bought from Bud's. The trigger is heavy, but for plinking I don't mind. As far as accuracy, once I filed the front sight down a bit it has shot well enough. It is not a target pistol, but at 25' it puts them all in the bullseye. If I spent some time lightening the trigger I feel it would be more fun to shoot.

When it was new I got the occasional stove pipe. That has seemed to stop, but I'm only shooting Blazer thru it now.