The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old November 30, 2011, 08:58 AM   #1
DeeDubya

Universal Star Reloading Press

I do not have a Star Universal Reloading press in 45acp for sale. That's why I'm posting here instead of the classifieds. But for anyone seriously interested in a Star that is complete, and I mean complete, a retiring gunsmith friend of mine has one for sale. He got if from the family of a reloading buddy after his passing. They simply removed the press from his loading bench and boxed it with a lot of spare parts, primer tubes, indexing attachments, etc. I checked it out myself but I am not familiar with Star, only that it is the Dussenberg of loading presses. This would be fun project for any respectable reloading afficionado. If interested, PM me and I will give you a number to contact him.

Moderators.. If this post needs to be moved, my apologies.

Came back to say that from as I understand it, the Star "Progressive" Press was caliber specific for only 38spl and 357 but the "Universal" as the name implies can be modified for several calibers with different shell plates, dies, powder bars, etc.

NRA Life Member

Last edited by DeeDubya; November 30, 2011 at 09:28 AM.