The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Curios and Relics

Old May 27, 2011, 02:51 PM   #1
ks_wayward_son

Tok ammo

I'm only down to about 200 rounds or so...shoulda picked up 10 cases of the stuff earlier...woulda, coulda, shoulda. Think we'll ever see anymore bulk surplus come around? Its dry as a bone now for all I know.
Old May 27, 2011, 04:07 PM   #2
jrinne0430

I too have found that the surplus is drying up. Glad I bought in bulk when I did but hope some more surplus make it back to the market.
Old May 27, 2011, 04:13 PM   #3
noelf2

I still have a 1000 or so rounds of polish surplus in an ammo can. After that, I may have to start reloading for it. The new stuff costs too much.
Old May 27, 2011, 09:17 PM   #4
Tidewater_Kid

I feel sure there is more surplus out there. What it will cost and when it will arrive, who knows. I have four mouths to feed, so I hope there's more.

TK
Old May 27, 2011, 09:21 PM   #5
cougar gt-e

Quote:
I'm only down to about 200 rounds or so...shoulda picked up 10 cases of the stuff earlier...woulda, coulda, shoulda. Think we'll ever see anymore bulk surplus come around? Its dry as a bone now for all I know.
Yeah, i know what you mean. I meant to get more too, but "stuff" kept eating my ammo budget. (You know, the money the wife doesn't want me to spend)

I sure would think that there is more tok ammo out there waiting for some ambitious person to import 8-10 semi's full. Hmmmm, how much would 10 semi's of 7.62x25 cost I wonder? That retirement fund is not doing so well....
Old September 8, 2011, 02:07 PM   #6
Mike Irwin
Staff

Late last year I was thinking of buying a Tok and a couple of cans.

I blinked, and everything disappeared.

Baby Jesus cries when the fat redneck doesn't have military-grade firepower.
Old September 8, 2011, 02:39 PM   #7
tobnpr

Not dry at all;
J&G has some:
http://www.jgsales.com/product_info....0cbeabb834a1c9
Old September 8, 2011, 02:54 PM   #8
mkk41

Just got the new sale Email from Century. They have Bulgarian 7.62x25 on sale. Sealed 800rd can for $135.
Old September 8, 2011, 03:24 PM   #9
B. Lahey

Glad I stocked up on Romanian a few years ago, the Polish I had was ok, but the can o' Bulgarian I bought was horrific. Smelled like a dead cat on fire, popped primers, split cases, packaged in decaying purple toilet paper wrappers that disintigrated and floated around when you reached in to grab some (I'm still finding little bits of it years later). I have a bunch of that stuff left if anyone is REALLY hurting for 7.62x25mm.
Old September 8, 2011, 03:45 PM   #10
mkk41

I'd have to say about 75% or more of the Romanian (or was it Yugo?) I bought was duds. The ads for the Polish stuff even says a good bit will have split necks right out of the can. For as often as I shoot my CZ-52 and Polish TT-33 , I'll stick with new production S&B or Prvi Partizan.
Old September 9, 2011, 08:14 AM   #11
noelf2

I still have most of a 1260 rd can of Polish. None has case neck splits until after I fire it. All have splits upon fire, but all (so far) has gone bang. Too bad the 1260 rd $90 can of Polish is a thing of the past. Never reloaded for the Tok before, but I may just have to get a set of dies.
Old September 9, 2011, 10:57 AM   #12
Hardcase

Classic Arms has the Bulgarian ammo for $125 per 800.

I've also got a couple of tins of the Polish stuff. The necks split, but not until I fire them and it doesn't seem to have any effect on accuracy.

The nice thing about buying PP or S&B is that they're reloadable - if you're careful, you ought to come out ahead even compared to surplus ammo.