The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Competition Shooting

Old October 1, 1999, 10:50 AM   #1
Dr.Rob
Staff Alumnus

I'd like to hear from anyone who took a DCM qualifier course in colorado over the past year.

I've wanted to take the course and qualify for the DCM purchase but I'm simply curious if the course was practical and if youy had fun taking it.

(i was shooting my dad's 03 springfield two weeks ago and the idea of shooting dcm occured to me again)

Thanks,

Dr.Rob
Old October 4, 1999, 04:15 PM   #2
pbash

I took a highpower clinic through Colorado Rifle Club last April. The course, as it were, is a useful introduction to highpower. There were a lot of experienced people around to help you get your sights setup, etc. The highpower facilites at CRC are also first rate including one of the only, if not *the* only, 1000 yard range in the state.
Check out http://www.crci.org .

Most of all, shooting highpower was really enjoyable. I've since shot every match offered by CRC, except for the ones when I've been out of town, and will be shooting at the Boulder Rifle Club the 25th. I too originally took this to qualify for a CMP purchase but just never got around to it
Old October 19, 1999, 11:27 AM   #3
TheOtherMikey

I did the clinic here in Arizona last year and it was most enjoyable. The clinics are pretty much standardized by the NRA so the Colorado clinic should be the same. Go ahead, what do you have to lose?
Old October 25, 1999, 08:40 PM   #4
jimc

dr.rob
i believe this is the web page for the range i am a member of here in weld cty. is www.verinet.com/~bigbill/club
we do a highpower shoot the 3rd sun of the month and you need to shoot in one of these to qualify. if for some reason you cannot access this page e-m me and i will give you the e-m of the person who run's the highpower match's