The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old February 12, 2011, 04:48 AM   #776
WyomingNewShooter

Hay from Wyoming!

Hello everyone. I've been shooting since i was a kid, love guns bought a cheap pistol when i turned 21 and haven't bought a gun till last week. A friend told me about this site. I like all the info on the site and have a butt load of questions about upgrading and making my new Remington 597 VRT better. Any help would be nice. Thanks
Old February 12, 2011, 06:25 AM   #777
drew332

FNG checking in

Hello all from CT! I'm new to this forum, but have been around firearms nearly all my life. I've been in law enforcement for 14+ yrs and previously served 9+ yrs in the US Army in Military Intelligence and Special Operations.

I'm planning on getting into some competitive shooting this year...maybe some local/regional IDPA or 3-gun/multi-gun stuff...and figured I'd be able to get a wealth of info and tips from the site.

I'm looking forward to networking with like-minded individuals, learning a bit, and having some fun!

Evil prospers when good men stand by and do nothing. - Edmund Burke
Old February 13, 2011, 11:32 AM   #778
CWO4GUNNER

Hi I was actually looking for this introduction thread and posted in an other area. Basically Im a retired Navy/CG gunner (CWO4-WEPS) retired now 6 years and finally getting interested in shooting my AR/50 BMG again. Its taken a long time to get the desire to shoot again after being involved with it day in and out for 30 years. Since I have never reloaded this part ordnance has re-sparked my interest and Im in the final stages of setting up my RCBS 50 BMG Ammo-master which I have had in storage new for 7 years. Cant wait to start reloading my old brass and measuring results at our local 1000 yard range.

The only thing I am stumped on is a reasonable cost long range spotting scope, I cant believe no one has developed a portable remote camera system you could hide behind rage structure a few feet away from the target. I might make my own with cheap B/W camera and a 1000 ft role of cable to a laptop LOL.
Old February 13, 2011, 01:34 PM   #779
bethanne2690

Hello Everyone!

Hi, everyone! My brother encouraged me to get on here to get more comfortable with gun laws and regulations, because I got my concealed carry yesterday! My 21st birthday was on Sunday, and he signed me up for the first class he could! He's had his concealed carry for awhile and has been counting the days for me to be able to get mine. Which I now have...

However, the lawyer that spoke to us about gun laws made me feel a little unsure about my concealed carry. I got the impression I need to be stuffed in the back of a trunk (when it's too late) before I pull my gun. :/ Anyway, just on here to see other opinions and get all the info I can. I want to be as safe as possible in all aspects.

P.S. I'm a girllly girl!!! So, that means I WILL have a pink gun someday!! So excited!
Old February 13, 2011, 03:07 PM   #780
DrDragon

Hi, I'm an OB-GYN resident in TX. I just joined a few days ago and have been learning a lot from you guys. This is a great forum and I look forward getting to know more about my recently found passion (addiction?)!
Old February 13, 2011, 04:21 PM   #781
Prorock

Hello everyone, I joined about week or so and I can't stop looking at this site. I got away from shooting for about 5-6 years and did not even think about firearms until last Thanksgiving. A friend of mine presented me with the opportunity to purchase a S&W 3000 .12 gauge (I think it is a police trade in, all black with folding stock) with the money going to help an elderly gentleman pay for nursing care. Of course I couldn't say no. Started going back to the range 2 weeks after that. I'm a 36 year old male living in the great state of PA
Old February 13, 2011, 06:30 PM   #782
MrWin94

I am a former Marine infantryman. Mortars were my game, I am now a Police Officer in Upstate NY. I love firearms and have been shooting for as long as I can remember. I joined this forum because I enjoy reading the feedback of so many gun lovers. Talk to you soon.
Old February 14, 2011, 12:40 AM   #783
berettaluv83

I'm joe from washington state. I'm in love with guns. Married a taurus
Pt111 about 7 years ago and have remarried 3 times and can't push
Myself to let any go must be sentimental. since then I have bought a Steyr M9 which I
Really enjoy but think its funny that hardly anyone has heard of them
the austrian police used them for years. After this I got married
For real and my lovely wife bought me my next gun a taurus 38
Special that I carry on my ankle as a back up gun. I'm not a big revolver
Guy but its the prettiest of the group with a gold plated trigger and
Hammer. The last love and my absolute favorite is the one my wife
Just got me for my birthday as u can see my wife is a amazing
Woman she knows what makes her man smile a beretta Px4 storm.
This gun fits me perfect. Any company making a product for
Almost 500 years must know what they are doing and I'm sure most
Of the military would agree with me. I enjoy reading up on others
Experiences and having opportunity to converse with people
Just like myself so far its been a pleasure.
Old February 14, 2011, 06:53 PM   #784
prairiedoghunter

hey y'all, grew up in Nebraska and am currently in Wyo for college. I hunt pheasant, dove, quail, rabbit, prarie dog, raccoon and coyote. Fell in love with rifle shooting a while ago and just bought my first dedicated varmint rifle. Cant wait to get some great input from the knowledgable guys on here.
Old February 16, 2011, 12:39 PM   #785
grain

Hey guys - new here and in the High Desert, California
Old February 17, 2011, 03:44 PM   #786
Dr_Rich

Whats going on guys? I'm Mike and I live in North Central Florida. Well, I've been around guns my whole life, just never had one of my own. That is until just a few months ago. For my 31st birth day, my Uncle bought me a Savage Mark II GL and I've spent more time shooting on the weekend than I ever thought possible. Its funny coming from a family of Military vets and hunters I never picked up a firearm until this last year. I just it was just one of those things that fell through the cracks.

Like I said, I'm 31. Not married but living with my gf of 5+ years. No kids, collage education + common sense. While I have a pile of hobbies I enjoy, nothing can hold a candle to the feeling I get when I'm out shooting.

I only have two guns at the moment.

20 gauge NEF Pardner Pump (21" barrel) Stock + front sight
Savage Mark II GL. (Left handed bolt) Center Point scope 4-16x 40mm mil-dot.

I'd like to get a pistol at some point. Just to have something else to shoot at the range. I've shot a few different ones and so far I like he Ruger P95. But I have a buddy coming to my place for a visit and he's bringing his G19. It should be interesting.
Old February 17, 2011, 04:03 PM   #787
KB70

Hello TFL

Gun enthusiast from Michigan , Currently own Glocks 17 and my carry 26 . I also have my 10/22 for target and a Browning 20 for hunting , I'm looking to get into more high powered rifles this year for target and i thought i would join to learn more and to see what everybody is into .

Last edited by KB70; February 17, 2011 at 09:38 PM.
Old February 18, 2011, 05:14 AM   #788
Glockster42

Damn its Cold up Here.

Hey guys, warm hello from Alberta, Canada. The Firing Line looks like a civil place to visit and exchange info. Looks good.
Old February 18, 2011, 07:13 PM   #789
ekessler507

Just joined ...

Looking forward to reading from the forum and gathering readily applicable information for my shooting/defense needs.

EK
Old February 19, 2011, 07:03 PM   #790
mstakenas

Hello

hello my name is mark im from michigan. i work at a feedmill and have recently
applied for an ffl. just waiting for the interview. and i also want to say that this forum is the most informative one about guns and gun dealers that i've found.
Old February 20, 2011, 09:00 AM   #791
gearhounds

Howdy

Mike from WVA; @19 years LE, and collecter for about 25 or so. Sig's are my pistol of choice; P220 on duty with a P245 as back-up and another P220, P228, and P226 .40 in the safe(I have owned all but the P229 .40/.357 over the years). Favorite tac rifle has to be my duty A2 modded with an Adam's Arms 10inch heavy barrel piston upper, Eotech 512, magpul flip up sights, and Streamlight TLR-1 light in full camo. Favorite rifle (and cartridge) is a Sig SHR-970 in .308. Look forward to kicking around the forum.
Old February 20, 2011, 10:54 AM   #792
eddietemple

Hi all

New member here, with loads of questions to ask....New to firearms too, only thing i've shot is my .22 air rifle!!

Would like to get a .22 rifle but not sure what would be best?
Old February 20, 2011, 11:29 AM   #793
Coast Guard Cook

Michael here, new to the forum.
Coast Guard Vet, Left hander firing an M-1, now that was fun. Also used 1911's, 20 mm AA, 50 Cal, 81mm Mortar and over the years 22, 32, 38, 36 cal black powder, 44-40 & 44mag...
Old February 20, 2011, 03:47 PM   #794
MaconPistol

New guy from GA!

Hello all! I am new here... and New to guns in general.... I am wanting to start shooting for fun and I am wanting to maybe start a little collection! I hope i don't annoy to many people with crazy dumb questions!
Old February 20, 2011, 09:42 PM   #795
Hank1979

Hello, new to the forum and have been an avid hunter for the last 11 years. Now my son follows me everytime I hit the woods and he is out of school during rifle season. Hope to have a few questions answered and learn as much as I can while I am here.

Thanks
Hank
Old February 21, 2011, 05:44 AM   #796
BigUgly

New Guy

Well I guess I should introduce myself. I am Big Ugly. As the name applies it is an accurate description of me in person and in mood. I am a 6'2" 300 lb balding redneck with somewhat of a short fuse.

I am seeking greener pastures in the terms of Firearms related forums cuz the folks over at TFF has rubbed me the wrong way. My handle over there was Big Ugly also. But after a couple of years over there I have come to the conclusion its time to move on.

So to keep this short, I am sending out a 'How Ya'all today" and looking forward to meeting new folks with a love for the firearm.
Old February 21, 2011, 09:24 PM   #797
deadnomore

New from VA

Just wanted to say hi to all. New to semi-auto handguns and found this site. Looks to be a good one to help me along my way.

Look forward reading all the good advice and tips.

Glad to be here.

Dead
Old February 22, 2011, 08:29 PM   #798
paulw

Hi,
I'm paul and live in NW Washington State.
Last Sunday I pulled the 4 handguns I've been ignoring for 15 years out of the safe and went to the range. I had a lot of trouble finding the middle of target but had a great time.
I noticed I have a lot more trouble seeing the front sight than I used to (especially the Trijicons on my 3914 that seem to have burned out) and the price of ammo
Anyway, I got enthused...Joined the range, applied for my concealed pistol permit, ordered up some new sights and bits and I'm shopping for a .22 S & W revolver (did I mention ammo cost more than I remembered?)

I'm enjoying the forum...
Thanks
paul
Old February 22, 2011, 10:02 PM   #799
newshooter1992

Hey all,

I've been looking at a few articles from this sight to learn about the basics of firearms. Everyone seems to be polite and helpful to everyone (my reason for joining). Hoping to buy my first firearm this year and learn a lot in the future.
Old February 26, 2011, 06:39 PM   #800
curtis watson

9800guns

HI,I`AM Curtis.Fineding new way`s to get informed,on all aspects of the shooting sport,and fineding Hard to fined part's and Info,on old wapons.

Tags
ar15 , cerakote , custom ar , introduction , laser engraving , new agent