The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old April 1, 2013, 08:04 PM   #1
Beentown71

CZ75 SP 01 owners with trigger pull gauge..

Could you please give me numbers on your SA and DA weights? Not necessary but if you could add pull lengths also it would be great.

Thanks TFL!

Time for the Mall Ninja list:
Beretta 92fs, Springer XD9, High Standard Model HB, RRA bull bbl...aw heck with it time to go plink
Old April 2, 2013, 12:08 AM   #2
chris in va

http://www.realguns.com/archives/147.htm

About 3/4 the way down.

The trigger pull is easily adjusted by installing a lighter hammer spring.
Old April 2, 2013, 12:18 AM   #3
Beentown71

Re: CZ75 SP 01 owners with trigger pull gauge..

Thanks Chris.

Would like to get the trigger down to 4.5 for SA and 8 for DA. Off to do more reading I guess. It is between this and another completely different style pistol. I can get it for $529 plus a $100 for the trigger replacment.

Going to see how much a trigger/spring replacement runs and the difficulty. If anyone has any insight to share it would be appreciated.
Old April 2, 2013, 12:23 AM   #4
Beentown71

Hmm...seems to be a Custom Shop option straight from CZ.
Old April 2, 2013, 07:18 AM   #5
loose_holster_dan

i don't know what they do with the normal sp-01 to make the shadow custom target, but it's a seriously light trigger after they're done. more for competition than carry. i've double fired on accident many times.
"A Sig is like a lightsaber - not as clumsy or random as a Glock."

Last edited by loose_holster_dan; April 2, 2013 at 08:35 AM.
Old April 2, 2013, 07:47 AM   #6
geetarman

I have had the CZ custom shop work on both of my CZs. The SP01 has had a trigger job as well as the competition trigger/hammer option and spring set. The gun is a great shooter and reliable.

The same thing was done with my CZ97B. The trigger was much too light when I got it back and would scare the crap out of you when it was a little cold out. You really could not feel the hard spot before the trigger would break the shot.

I took it back to the shop and had them put stiffer springs in. The gun is still very light and has absolutely no positive movement in the hammer before it breaks whereas the SP01 has just enough to be visible.

I like both guns but I would not carry either of them as a CCW. They are both too light in the trigger.

Carpe Cerveza
Old April 2, 2013, 08:44 AM   #7
Beentown71

The custom shop sp 01 is supposed to have a 4.5lbs SA and 8lbs DA trigger pull. Perfect. Going to see how much my LGS will want for that.
Old April 2, 2013, 09:49 AM   #8
TunnelRat

You can order straight from the custom shop and do a transfer at a local FFL dealer. I seriously doubt your LGS will want to go through the trouble of contacting czcustom themselves and instead will just have you do it. A typical transfer costs $25-$40. Might want to check though as last time I was on CZ custom they were out of most guns.
Maintain situational awareness

Last edited by TunnelRat; April 2, 2013 at 10:01 AM.
Old April 2, 2013, 11:55 AM   #9
Beentown71

They are out. Hmm. This one may get pushed back on the must buy list. Especially since the price for a trigger kit in an SP 01 brings it up to $803.12 from the Custom Shop.

That is WAY to pricey for what it is. My dealer sells the SP 01 for $550 - 600 when they have them in. Not worth $200 for me at this point. Maybe later.

Beretta 92fs, Springer XD9, High Standard Model HB, RRA bull bbl...aw heck with it time to go plink
Old April 2, 2013, 12:19 PM   #10
TunnelRat

Can always buy a SP-01 elsewhere, send it to them to have them do the work. Though keep in mind that now you're paying the cost of shipping the firearm to them and back.

If you get an SP-01 now, you can always have it sent in later. CZ Custom will be around for the foreseeable future.
Maintain situational awareness
Old April 2, 2013, 03:34 PM   #11
RickB

I was talking CZ with a couple of guys on Saturday, and got a very positive recommendation for Cajun Gunworks. They make a spring kit, which may include some other bits, and with DIY installation, my buddy says the DA pull on his gun is about six pounds. It does require soft primers (Federal) for 100% ignition, but so does my S&W revolver.
Old April 2, 2013, 07:36 PM   #12
Beentown71

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickB View Post
I was talking CZ with a couple of guys on Saturday, and got a very positive recommendation for Cajun Gunworks. They make a spring kit, which may include some other bits, and with DIY installation, my buddy says the DA pull on his gun is about six pounds. It does require soft primers (Federal) for 100% ignition, but so does my S&W revolver.
I may just do it myself (Trigger, hammer spring replacements). I have converted a Saiga, assembled an AR, and out a drop-in trigger kit in the XD. I figure I can handle replacing a few strings. My first experience opening up a CZ was a nightmare in wait. Luckily, I had two of the same gun and was able to match up parts (CZ 82). Spronggggg....
Old April 3, 2013, 02:09 AM   #13
chris in va

It's not rocket science doing a detail strip on a CZ. I did it three times on my 97b. Haven't tried it with my decocker P01 yet.
Old April 3, 2013, 09:37 AM   #14
Beentown71

Yeah the CZ75 doesn't look bad at all. The CZ 82 is a whole different story. One of the worst mechanical items I have ever had the displeasure of trying to put back together. All over a mag release...

Great gun but it tends to sprong apart.