The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old January 13, 2012, 08:03 PM   #1
ZVP

oversize grips

I located a set of resin "Stag" grips for my .357 New Model Vaquero for a mere $40 since they were out of the package. Solid cast Resin, no hollows underneath.
I quickly installed the grips when I got home and rather than work the grips down to slim them in the Colt fashon (like the rubber stockers are), I decided to leave them oversized. This set has the Stag grooves cast right where you place your fingertips and has highs right where you need the fill-in for the hollows of your grip! I couldn't believe the control the grips gave this sorta heavy 4 5/8" revolver!
Felt recoil even with the HOT Remington 125gr .357 loads is really on the low side and the fit of the grips to my hand is nothing short of phenominal!
Normilly, I would be rasping, filing, and sanding to slim these grips down but I think I'll just leave this set alone...
The Reger is a pretty revolver and by no means a show gun or a closet Queen. It's my everyday shooter and primary home defense gun. The polished Stainless finish is nice looking without being gaudy and the Brown and White resin grips just finish it off. It's a working gun meant to carry and shoot a lot!
Sure glad I wandered into my local Gun Shop and asked if he had any grips to fit the Vaquero!
Have any of you ever found an out of the box set of grips like these before?
ZVP
Old January 13, 2012, 09:44 PM   #2
Ultravox

Pics or it didn't happen.
Old January 18, 2012, 11:39 PM   #3
ZVP

Alas Pic's don't happen...

Try as I can, pic's won't stick no matter what I try!
I cahave tons of em in my files but even 400X600's won't post!
Help?
ZVP