The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old March 8, 2001, 02:21 PM   #1
Andrewh

This is my first post in the shotgun relm. I searched the old topics, and it is mentioned a few times, but no one seemed to actually own one. My local gun shop said they only brought one in, and they returned it. but it was because the guy wanted the 45-70 inserts for both barrels not just one. So I want one for CAS, and he can get me one for around 230. So I wanted some feed back on those that actually have shot one.
Thanks.
Old March 9, 2001, 11:31 PM   #2
bullfrog99

20" 12 ga, extractors and hammerless? I have the deluxe model of this gun. If you really want one, I strongly suggest you get the deluxe model. The standard model is all right, but my gun is absolutely beautiful. it patterns excellently, and has 3 choke tubes full, modified, i.c..
the barrels are regulated so well, that i can actually get slugs to hit within 6 inches of each other at 50 yards. I’m ordering cylinder bore choke tubes so i can shoot brenekee slugs for deer season next year. it is light, somewhere between an m-1 carbine and an sks. my guess 7 lbs. the checkering is quite nice the wood is full figured and beautiful the bluing is decent and it even has a mild quantity of scroll work on the metal for just a touch of class. triggers are fairly long and heavy, but i think that is just a consequence of the design. Reliability has been 100% but that's no surprise. All in all it's my favorite shotgun (for now) I promise you, you won't be disappointed if you go with the deluxe.
Old March 10, 2001, 11:21 AM   #3
Andrewh

Thanks bullfrog99. Glad to here it is a good shotgun. I will look in to the deluxe version as you sugguested.
Old March 10, 2001, 12:56 PM   #4
MikeS

Bullfrog99,

Would you clarify a couple of points for me relating to the
Bounty Hunter II? Are you referring to the hammerless
shotgun made by Baikal? If so, could you further distinguish
between the standard and deluxe model (e.g. model #, etc.).
EAA, a distributor for Baikal, lists only one choice in a
hammerless SG for the Bounty Hunter II and I would like to
get the best model available. Thanks for your help.

Mike