The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old May 29, 2009, 09:13 PM   #1
RyanJ

"universal" shoulder rig?

I have a problem, too many holsters too many guns. All of my holsters are belt pancakes, and I am constantly pulling my shirt to re-coverup my "print" when I bend over to look at something.I want to buy a shoulder rig and want to know if there is a company that sells a rig that I can change out the gun holster to use the rig with different guns. I prefer to use a nylon rig. I carry a 3 1/2" Springfield Armory XD-40, sometimes a Colt 1911 defender 3 1/2", and I just bought a Beretta 90-two in .40. Any help would be great. Thanks. Ryan

Remember, when seconds count the police are only minutes away.
Old May 30, 2009, 12:14 AM   #2
hknut

I see 1 problem with the shoulder rig for multipul guns. All will carry different as they all have different balance points. A shoulder holster that is not set up properly will drive you nut in no time flat. To set op a rig for 3 different carry gun would be very difficult. Unles you can make all the settings on the rig and change them everytime you change guns and that would be very time consuming. I have a shoulder rig for my Sig 220. The shop I bought it from set it up wrong and I didn't carry it often. Then a cop friend of mine help set it up and it is fine for everything except long drives in the car. Good luck.

Walk softly and carry a big SIG.
Old May 30, 2009, 12:27 AM   #3
mygunsbigger

interesting concept

something i found not too long ago but havent yet tried....

Safariland
Model 1090 "Gun Quick" Shoulder Holster

Just a thought. let me know if you decide to try it.. i'd like some reviews!
Good Luck,

MyGunsBigger
Everybody seems to want a carry gun that weighs nothing, is invisible, can't miss, hits like the hammer of Thor, and never runs out of ammo. And if your choice doesn't do all this, somebody will tell you what a bad choice it is.

-44 AMP
Old May 30, 2009, 05:30 AM   #4
Kreyzhorse

Bianchi makes a universal shoulder rig. Fits small, medium and large frames and allows for some adjustment.

Price is around $60. I bought one for small revolvers and found it pretty uncomfortable but it fits your bill.
Old June 1, 2009, 01:34 PM   #5
Housezealot

that rig with the spring would make me nervous, the trigger isn't totaly covered plus I can't get comfortable with horizontal carry, I would feel like I was breaking rule 2 the entire time.