The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old July 18, 2008, 07:42 AM   #1
mykeal

Some friendly advice

Just a quick word of advice - something you probably knew anyway, but I thought I'd mention it:

If you don't put the nipples back in the cylinder, the chambers will not hold the powder.

And it will come pouring out all over your foot at the loading table with everyone watching you.

They will laugh and point at you.

The RSO will ask questions, like, "What the #*!@^ do you think you're doing?

To which there is no good answer.

Just thought you'd like to know.

You probably want to know how I came across that valuable piece of information, but I'm not going to tell you. I just figured it out all by myself.
Old July 18, 2008, 07:50 AM   #2
Raider2000

LOL Sounds like you were watching me recently.
Old July 18, 2008, 07:55 AM   #3
alistaire

Percussion caps will never catch on. Eventually you will run out of them and have to borrow a peice of slow match to fire your weapon. :-)
Old July 18, 2008, 08:50 AM   #4
grymster2007

The sad thing is that despite now knowing this, I'll probably still need to "learn" it by way of personal experience.
Old July 18, 2008, 11:47 AM   #5
Fingers McGee

It also helps if the nipples that you put caps on have chambers with powder and ball in them. Helps making the targets go clang. Don't ask me how I know.
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee - AKA Man of Many Colts - Alter ego of Diabolical Ken; SASS Regulator 28564-L-TG; Rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman, Pistoleer, NRA Endowment Life, NMLRA, SAF, CCRKBA, STORM 327, SV115; Charter member, Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Cynic: A blackguard whose faulty vision see things as they are, not as they should be. Ambrose Bierce
Old July 18, 2008, 12:41 PM   #6
sundance44s

All I can say is ...if it can happen it will happen ...never say never ! Those words will come back and bite a smart azz right in the butt . I`ve seen this happen many times too ...lol