The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old August 10, 2012, 03:34 PM   #1
huntinaz

AZ Bear; Live From The Stand

Thought I would try this. I'm out bear calling in northern Arizona with a friend from school. I get service at camp so I can update twice daily. Making 2 stands in the mornings and 2 in the evenings.

Saw a herd of elk on the drive to camp. Pic below (I think). Cell phone pics, probably sucks

Made two stands this morning, first stand dry but called in a bobcat second stand. The pelts aren't good yet and the 50 Beowulf would have probably totaled it anyway. So it got a pass.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20120809_174051-1.jpg (15.2 KB, 35 views)
Old August 10, 2012, 10:58 PM   #2
huntinaz

Heading into our first stand of the afternoon we jumped a Fox. My partner has never killed one and I couldn't talk him out of it so he set up and shot. Not sure how he missed such an easy shot but he did.

We made two dry stands this evening but have some spots picked out for the morning hunt. Hope we get some clouds tomorrow, was 93 degrees according to the truck thermometer. Too hot. Cold beers in hand and calf elk steaks grilling over oak coals. Life is good.

We found some fresh lion tracks at a tank but bear sign is scarce. We have lion tags too.