The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old July 14, 2006, 10:55 AM   #1
exprt9

Crossbreed Super Tuck IWB Holster vs. Comp-tac CTAC

I have been interested in getting an adjustable and tuckable IWB holster for my Glock 27. Right now it's a toss up between the Comp-Tac CTAC and the Crossbreed Super-Tuck holster. Any input (pros/cons) from you all that use these holsters for daily CCW would be really helpful in making my decision. Thanks in advance!
Old July 14, 2006, 08:34 PM   #2
Voyager AL

I just got my Cross Breed IWB for my 4" N frame S&W 2 days ago. I cant believe how comfortable it is. 2nd day, it has really changed shape, and fits like it was molded to me. I WIL buy one for any new guns i get!
Old July 15, 2006, 04:04 AM   #3
SgtRich

I'm using a CompTac C-TAC for wear with my XD-45 ACP and, after wearing it for a while, you never even know it's there!

I recommend it without hesitation.
Old July 17, 2006, 01:57 AM   #4
choochboost

I love the CTAC for its versatility. I recently modified mine by switching the leather tabs (http://pershot.com/blog/?postid=88) and the result is even better concealment and comfort. It makes my fullsize USP literally disappear.
Old July 17, 2006, 06:11 PM   #5
AK103K

Does anyone use the V clip with the CTAC? It seems like its the most concealable way to go. All the others pretty much stand out. I'm kind of surprised most of the companies that make tuckable holsters dont use the velcro attachments.

I'm not sure I see the point with the Cross Breed. The part thats leather is the part you DONT want against your body, especially if the back of the holster is also leather. Seems to defeat the purpose. I might could see it if it was reversed, with the kydex against you.
Old July 18, 2006, 01:29 AM   #6
choochboost

AK, I totally understand what you're getting at about the leather being against the skin. That's one of the main reasons why I wouldn't go with a holster like the crossbreed and the others of similar design. I think the point of the leather though is to provide maximum comfort. I have to admit that I was initially a little concerned about the comfort level of my CTAC (with a fullsize USP), but then I modified it, as stated above, and that removed all fears of discomfort. FWIW, I have the standard clips.
Old July 18, 2006, 10:04 AM   #7
Musketeer

I have a Sidearmor IWB (1911) , a BladeTech UCH (Firestar), and a Crossbreed (1911)

The Crossbreed is beyond a doubt the most comfortable. The leather against your skin is a GOOD thing. Trust me, it is far more comfortable than Kydex against the skin, especially if you have things like underwear elastic between the two.
Old July 18, 2006, 11:18 AM   #8
Voyager AL

it's been a week now, that i have worn my Crossbreed. 18 hours a day. Its been in the 90's, and I work in a auto shop. I am 110% satisfied with this holster. I have spent alot of money in the past, on holsters that i have sold right away, because of fit and comfort. The Crossbreed is perfectly comfortable, against my skin.No undershirt under it. I vote for the Crossbreed!!!!
Old July 18, 2006, 11:55 AM   #9
KMBRTAC45

I had a sidearmor IWB and did NOT like it. It was way too thick with the belt loops between the holster and the belt and it was unstable, I had to re-adjust after I would sit down.I switched to the C-Tac and have been extremely happy with it. It is my daily carry w/a Kimber Tactical Pro II.

Freedoms precious metals:Gold, Silver & Lead

Tactical Pro II w/EE over 2000 rnds NO MALFUNCTIONS
Old July 18, 2006, 12:15 PM   #10
AK103K

Quote:
The leather against your skin is a GOOD thing.
You must not sweat.

I sweat like a pig. By 9AM this morning you could wring out both my shirts and most of my pants. The leather holsters I used to use were always sopping wet and stayed that way. Wet leather against bare skin sucks big time, as it quickly rubs you raw. Kydex is way better, especially against bare skin. A tee shirt is always better though, wet to or dry.

Ever since I've switched to kydex holsters both my gun and my body have been much happier. Another advantage to kydex is, one holster pretty much lasts forever. I used to go through about three good leather holsters a year. My last Blade Tech has lasted so far, about 10 years of daily use, and is still going strong. The only reason its not in use today is due to a switch from a Commander to a SIG. The SIG also rides in a Blade Tech. That equates to about $6 a year for a holster vs. about $300+.