The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Old February 20, 2013, 02:42 PM   #26
h2otoo

Done, too bad the link is all the way down in post number 11, but I think that's been said already.

Bob
Old February 20, 2013, 06:11 PM   #27
Fox1

Add Barrett to the list.

Here is a statement from Ronnie Barrett on the Barrett Facebook page:

Quote:
A STATEMENT FROM RONNIE BARRETT:

Barrett’s Position Regarding the Assault on Liberty
February 20, 2013

Barrett opposes those who are illegally disarming the American public from their efficient arms and creating superior armed elitist government agencies.

Elected state officials of New York, having been sworn to protect our Constitution, have instead committed an offense against it and their citizens by stripping inalienable rights duly protected and guaranteed under the Second Amendment. By their deliberate and sinister actions, these officials now cause their state and local policing agencies to enforce these unconstitutional and illegal so called “laws”.

By current law, Barrett cannot be an accomplice with any lawbreaker, therefore, cannot and will not service or sell to New York government agencies. Barrett also applies this stance to the individual elected official who, as a matter of public record, has voted for or created regulation that violates the constitutional rights of their citizens. This is an expansion of our 2002 ban against the California government due to their second amendment infringements, and shall apply to any future violators.

In the course of world history there have been officials that strip inalienable rights from the people that were given to all by our Creator. Most of these officials inevitably come to trial, some do not.

Intentionally violating constitutional rights by officials that have sworn to uphold them should have severe prison sentences.

With the clear vision of horrible events in history repeating itself, all manufacturers of firearms or related equipment remaining in partnership with such violators should have a respectable fear of being found with the guilty on their day of trial.

During this era of assault on liberty, Barrett will remain steadfast in our efforts to serve law-abiding citizens of all fifty states, and stands together with you in the struggles we will fight and win.

Ronnie Barrett
Chairman and CEO
Old February 20, 2013, 06:27 PM   #28
Willie Sutton

^^ Contrast with the CEO of Armalite.

One has honor. One only honors the dollar.

The choice of sides is clear. Any of the bretheren who buy an Armalite product are no longer on the side of righteous.

Tell a friend.

Willie

Old February 21, 2013, 11:43 AM   #29
Al Norris
Moderator Emeritus

J&G Sales, Ltd of Prescott, AZ is hopping on the band wagon.

Quote:
ANNOUNCING A NEW J&G LEO SHIPPING POLICY

For immediate release:

As state and local jurisdictions are increasingly passing laws which infringe upon the Second Amendment of the US Constitution, J&G Sales is implementing a new policy on shipping restricted items to these states and localities.

Effective immediately, laws that restrict firearms, ammunition, or magazine possession by law abiding citizens will also be applied to state and local law enforcement and government agencies in that jurisdiction. All residents will be treated equally. Honorable citizens, law enforcement personnel, and government agents, should all be allowed to utilize the most effective defensive equipment available.

J&G believes that there should not be a difference between the rights of citizens and those of government employees. This new policy will also help us to be sure we avoid the consequences of not conforming with the anti-firearm regulations in these various jurisdictions.

We expect to lose some revenue from government purchases, however we feel it is essential to defend the US Constitution by making a statement about the importance of the Second Amendment in maintaining all our freedoms.

We await the day when all law abiding citizens will be able to possess the most effective means and tools available for self-defense regardless of where they live or for whom they work.

Thank you
Old February 21, 2013, 03:38 PM   #30
Tickling

I'm glad the momentum is still going. Is there any way that we can get a separate thread or sticky made that lists companies that are doing this? I for one would like to give them my business and it would be easier if we had a catalog of such businesses.

It would also give some ammunition to those writing letters.
Old February 22, 2013, 04:25 PM   #31
Fox1

Shield Tactical, currently in California, announced on their Facebook page yesterday that the are moving to Colorado.

Quote:
Shield Tactical is pleased to announce that we are moving our retail division to Shiner, Texas. We are pleased to have neighbors such as TBRC and the Spoetzl Brewery (home of Shiner Beer). Shipping etc will not be substantially affected.

Out training division will remain in CA until the legislature outlaws everything.

JWH
http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2013/02/21...nia-for-texas/
Old February 22, 2013, 10:59 PM   #32
Spats McGee
Staff

Someone put together a website listing the manufacturers who have decided to decline sales to LE, where civilians would not be allowed the same sale: http://www.thepoliceloophole.com/
Old February 23, 2013, 02:14 AM   #33
Tickling

^Thank you.
Old February 24, 2013, 10:44 PM   #34
Kimio

Beretta is threatening to leave Maryland if new gun laws go into effect.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...rol-proposals/

some good stuff if you ask me.
Old February 24, 2013, 11:04 PM   #35
Willie Sutton

^^^

This is the original article:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/...b_story_1.html

Interesting development to be sure.

Willie

Old February 24, 2013, 11:40 PM   #36
mdd

"There always seems to be a problem with Maryland" (quote from the article). I just shake my head at the people like O'Malley's spokeswoman. "We can get assault weapons off our streets and keep this company". These people always want to have their cake and eat it too. They live in a utopian dream bubble and I hope hers gets popped by the massive sucking force of Beretta leaving that crap state. I love my Ruger firearms and make no apologies for that. They already have facilities in Arizona and I hope they too relocate. In fact I hope every firearms manufacturer presently located in one of these liberal cesspools packs up their gear and heads out. Leave them all scratching their heads as they ponder why the golden egg laying hen they abused for years finally flew the coop.