The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Old February 26, 2013, 02:37 AM   #1
Mastiff

Illinois Carry Down During Crucial Push

We in Illinois are in the midst of a vital push to block a very bad "May Issue" bill and amend it to a good "Shall Issue" bill. This will be voted on tomorrow in the Illinois House. If we succeed we might have CC within weeks, as I understand it. I've been calling Reps all day.
However, I haven't been able to log on to the site for the updates for about the last hour or so. I keep getting

Warning: require_once(/home/illinoi/public_html/forum/admin/sources/base/ipsRegistry.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/illinoi/public_html/forum/index.php on line 23

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/illinoi/public_html/forum/admin/sources/base/ipsRegistry.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/home/illinoi/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/') in /home/illinoi/public_html/forum/index.php on line 23

no matter where in the Forum I go.

Can anyone tell me if this is just an overload condition, or is it possible the site has been hacked at this critical time?
What are the facts? Again and again and again—what are the facts? —what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts! -Robert A Heinlein
Old February 26, 2013, 03:28 AM   #2
Davey

It's probably down due to technical problems rather than being compromised. It'll be back up soon.
Old February 26, 2013, 03:38 AM   #3
Mastiff

Thanks!

I was really worried. Tomorrow's vote is vital.
What are the facts? Again and again and again—what are the facts? —what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts! -Robert A Heinlein
Old February 26, 2013, 03:41 AM   #4
Ben Towe

I'm getting the same warning thing as you Mastiff. That sucks. I hope y'all get a good carry law!
Old February 26, 2013, 07:36 AM   #5
Spats McGee
Staff

If you're talking about the one here: http://illinoiscarry.com/forum/, I'm not a member, but it's pulling up fine for me.
Old February 26, 2013, 07:37 AM   #6
Davey

Yeah sites back up. Needed its wheaties or something.
Old February 26, 2013, 11:30 AM   #7
Lt. Skrumpledonk Ret

Please, Todd Vandermyde, and Brandon Phelps, stick to your guns. You know Madigan won't bring a 'shall issue' bill to the floor because it will pass. Do whatever it takes to keep your coalition together and block the 'may issue' bills since that is all you can do.