The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old May 24, 2007, 01:54 PM   #26
Wildalaska

Enough of the never ending debate over how to dress whist carrying 9 guns and 6 reloads yadda yadda, just toss a Seecamp in the pocket of your jeans and go on your merry way

WildthelazywayAlaska
Old May 24, 2007, 02:18 PM   #27
Duxman

Or a Kahr. It works fine.
Old May 24, 2007, 02:27 PM   #28
Johannes_Paulsen

x2 on the Kahr!
Old May 24, 2007, 03:02 PM   #29
Mannlicher

slugthrower
Quote:
I see no reason to carry the equivalent of a box of ammo on me. Unless I am going into harms way, then a homeland defence rifle or a nice shotgun is just the ticket. If you do use the handgun for SD. What is the jury going to think of a person carrying so much ammo on them?
....so when you leave the casa in the morning, what oracle do you consult to determine if you might be going in harms way that day?

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.".........Ronald Reagan
Old May 24, 2007, 03:33 PM   #30
wayneinFL

OnTheFly:

That utilikilt actually looks pretty comfortable. It's a shame they're so darned expensive, or I'd buy one today.
Old May 24, 2007, 03:43 PM   #31
Slugthrower

Hmmm. Kilt... Rowdy Roddy Pistolpacker???

"..so when you leave the casa in the morning, what oracle do you consult to determine if you might be going in harms way that day?" Mannlicher. I am a general contractor. The neighborhood that I will be working in will dictate what I potententialy need for the day not all locations are war zones or the equivalent thereof.
Old May 24, 2007, 04:05 PM   #32
OnTheFly

Quote:
Enough of the never ending debate over how to dress whist carrying 9 guns and 6 reloads yadda yadda, just toss a Seecamp in the pocket of your jeans and go on your merry way
Ok...but can I still wear a kilt?

Fly

Bang... Bang... Bang...
Old May 24, 2007, 11:59 PM   #33
jfrey123

Quote:
If that one isn't your style, there are plenty more to choose from at...
http://www.utilikilts.com/

No offence, but if a kilt didn't save William Wallace, then it probably won't save me...
Old May 25, 2007, 09:39 AM   #34
tegemu

Kcshooter, I normally Pocket Carry even though I have an excellent IWB holster. The IWB holster requires a cover shirt which I prefer not to wear in my climate, I also like pocket carry because I can unobtrusively have the pistol already in my hand in possibly dangerous situations.

Secondly, all the stuff I carry in the pouch is more than can be comfortably carried in two pockets, my alternative is IMHO preferable. If it was in my pockets, I would have to rummage around to find what I need, the pouch has the stuff in separate pockets that I can access directly without rummaging.

Either way there will be stuff attached to my belt - either a holster and magazine pouch and a lot of stuff in my pockets or my Pock-It pouch.
Old May 25, 2007, 12:22 PM   #35
ohioleadslinger

Like most CC experts say. There is a fine line between comfort, absolute concealment, and quick access. IWB here and the light cargo shirts I wear are 100% thin cotton and cool as can be. I used to live in Arizona and now in Ohio. One state is hot, the other is hot and humid in the summer. This holster is a clip IWB and I still can tuck my shirt with it. Cell right next to it. Covers nicely but I wouldn't say its 100% undetectable. If you want that then you may only want to associate with the society of the blind.

As for the kilt, I would be worried about what else I was packing showing.

Godbless......
Life Member NRA , OFCC Member
Old May 25, 2007, 12:37 PM   #36
Redneckrepairs

Well since i dont think a kilt would work well with my saddle horse ( or me in the saddle for that matter ) we can forgo that option , for me its a Kahr iwb with a reload either on the belt or in the left front jeans pocket . I just wont carry without a reload its a personal thing i guess .
Old June 6, 2007, 04:11 PM   #37
Brian@ITC

I think this is a classic example of being aware of your surroundings ALL the time! ALWAYS be prepared. You are not really safe anywhere, not even at home! Everyone has a false sense of security, including me.
Ezekiel 33:5-6, Luke22:36
Marksmanship is a hopeful skill, FIGHTING skills are a must!
Old June 6, 2007, 05:14 PM   #38
Richmond

vests

I am fortunate to wear a suit daily, and I have incorporated vests as part of my carry routine. Usually not 3 piece suits, but contrasting vests. For example, today I have on linen/silk Burberry suit in medium brown, with a light brown and olive brioni vest - a CRKT folder in the vest pocket and a S&W J frame under the vest in a Kramer MSP paddle. One spare reload in pants pocket in a small pouch.

Some people might suggest that I buy a cheaper suit and a more expensive gun.

I also have a number of Polo cotton sweater vests in a variety of colors. They are relatively cool in hot weather, go with all sorts of jackets, and cover a paddle or IWB holster well.

A couple of thoughts - trying to incorporate a vest to hold the firearm rather than conceal it is usually not a good idea - unless it is a tactical vest, you are a mall ninja and by concealment you really mean look at me. Thinking of the vest as clothing rather than equipment results in a more natural look.

+1 on the utilikilt.
Old June 6, 2007, 05:18 PM   #39
Wildalaska

Quote:
I have on linen/silk Burberry suit in medium brown, with a light brown and olive brioni vest
Yuck...brown?

Wildyouacop/Alaska

jest teasing
Old June 6, 2007, 05:19 PM   #40
kcshooter

Quote:
I think this is a classic example of being aware of your surroundings ALL the time! ALWAYS be prepared. You are not really safe anywhere, not even at home! Everyone has a false sense of security, including me.
I think this is a classic example of spamming in a forum. It's also a great way to have nobody take your website or training program seriously! ALWAYS invest in an advertising buget.
Old June 6, 2007, 05:36 PM   #41
DougO83

really?

Quote:

Quote:
I think this is a classic example of spamming in a forum. It's also a great way to have nobody take your website or training program seriously! ALWAYS invest in an advertising buget.
Holy crap! I believe this is something we can agree on.

Matt 6:33
Old June 7, 2007, 10:07 AM   #42
tegemu

Deleted by author.