The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old March 16, 2001, 10:34 AM   #1
Icopy

I just wanted to give credit where credit is due. I am fortunate to live near a gunsmith who specializes on Rugers and only Rugers. Last night, I took my MKII Target to have a Clark trigger installed to complement my Volquartsen sear. The owner of On Target spent twenty minutes fitting the trigger. When he went to test it, he noticed some creep in the trigger pull. So, he pulls out the hammer and starts to hone and polish. He reassembles the gun and still isn't satisfied. Two more times he does this and nearly an hour later, he is finally satisfied with the trigger. It measures 2 pounds and breaks like a glass rod. Now, keep in mind, all I wanted was the trigger installed and he ends up doing a full house trigger job. How much did he charge me? Just the price of the trigger -- 16.66 with tax. I've only been in the store once before, so I wasn't getting special treatment. He is truly a gunsmith who takes pride in his work and stands behind the products he sells. Please visit his web site: http://www.ontargetguns.com and If you live in the Cleveland Ohio area, stop by his store.
Old March 16, 2001, 06:13 PM   #2
Ledbetter

I agree

If you go to

http://www.ontargetguns.com/otts.html

you can order a "trigger-shield" for $8 that will keep the inside of you MkI or MkII free of grit and grime. I wish I'd invented it. They are great to order from.