The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Lock and Load: Live Fire Exercises

Old March 28, 2001, 05:57 AM   #1
LilJoe

Heck with it, the last one was a blast so lets put this one together! Saturday April 7th from 1200 till 1800. At the American Range 12288 Mahoning Ave. North Jackson Ohio 44451. It's Close to the freeway and easy to find. And even close enough for people in western PA to join us. If we have a turn out like we did at Hunters Lodge it should only cost about $5 for all day range time. Unless we want a couple of normal lanes too. Targets are only $.50 to $1. So that would leave us with enough money to get a couple of pizzas brought in! The 2 hours we spent at Hunters went way to fast! If the weather permits and we still want to shoot more or want to get the rifles out I'm sure we can set something up here in the back field at our house.

Driving time to the range is about 30 minutes from Akron, about 45 minutes from Twinsburg and about 30 minutes from the Ohio PA line, and about 5 minutes off the Turnpike at exit 209 or exit 57 on the free part of I76. If you want to know more or just directions let me know and I will get back to you.

If you need to bring the kids thats fine our 3 yr old is looking for new friends to play with at the range. Larry doesn't mind playing all those videos for them. And Target ( the range dog) sure likes to play with them!

[email protected]

Joe and Marci
Old March 28, 2001, 09:57 AM   #2
Engineer

Argh! That sounds like something I would love to go to, but I'll be in Scotland that weekend (I know, cry me a river). Oh well, I'll catch you guys at the next one.

Ed
Old March 28, 2001, 10:21 AM   #3
LilJoe

Darn!

If we thought we could get everyone together in a short time we could try to do it this weekend!
Old March 28, 2001, 10:34 AM   #4
falconer

I might be able to make it the 7th. I have to come home for an eye doctor appointment on the 6th. I was just planning on driving back to Columbus right afterwards,but I could be tempted to stay another day or so to do some shooting.
Old March 28, 2001, 10:54 AM   #5
LilJoe

I've been known to let blind people shoot before! So your eye doc won't be able to stop you!
Old March 28, 2001, 04:47 PM   #6
rvb

I'll TRY!!!

But, I have 2 exams and two papers due the monday after, so time is going to be equal to gold that weekend...

rvb
Old March 29, 2001, 05:21 AM   #7
LilJoe

Temptations

Guns, ammo, targets, friendly people, maybe food, targets, What else do we need to twist your arm into it? Would topless tumbling help? Oh did I mention guns and friendly people?
Old March 29, 2001, 12:32 PM   #8
sb7979

You guys know that's the same weekend as Knob Creek, right? You should really be going there...great time.
Old March 29, 2001, 07:48 PM   #9
hksigwalther

I'm waiting on word of a potential Sporting Clays trip with a vendor from work that morning. I'll have to wait and see. Otherwise, any other weekend in April is fine with me.
Old March 29, 2001, 09:27 PM   #10
Cougar

I'll try as well. I'll be going to the Akron show that morning/early afternoon so we might have time afterwards... Indoor or outdoor range? caliber limitations?
Old March 30, 2001, 05:13 AM   #11
LilJoe

Range

Indoor range. Limitations are handguns and rifles 22 or handgun cal.

Joe and Marci
Old March 31, 2001, 06:55 AM   #12
Hal

Joe,
I'll have to let you know Monday if I have to work or not. If I don't have to work, I can make it for a couple hours.
Rich