The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old August 14, 2010, 05:43 AM   #1
IrvJr

Remington 1100 G3

Hi All,

I'm interested in purchasing a 20 gauge shotgun (semi-auto) that my wife can use and also that my kids/relatives (nieces/nephews ) could use.

A local shop has a Remington 1100 G3 at a good price. My wife has shot a friends 20 gauge 1100 (similarly configured to the G3 at the shop) and really liked it a lot. I'm thinking about bringing my wife to the shop to see if the fit is OK (we'll probably get the stock fitted to her) and if she likes the gun.

Does anyone have any experience with the 1100 G3? If so, what are your opinions of this gun? Is it reliable? I read on the Remington website that the G3 has a different gas system that allows you to use both 3" and 2.75" shells. Does this system work well? We're just interested primarily in standard length shells for clay shooting use.

Thanks in advance!