The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old February 1, 2013, 12:10 AM   #1
915A

2nd Range Trip: Sig P290RS

So took the wife out again with the Sig and shot another 240 rds(at 400 now). Not one issue. She shot mostly Blazer 124gr FMJ's with 50 or so Federal 115gr FMJ's. We are both still getting used to the DAO trigger, but at 15 yds we can regularly hit the torso on the targets with quite a few being center mass. We both have noticed we pull shots low left for me(RH) and her low right(LH). I am sure that has to do with trigger pull if I remember corectly. But all in all this is an amazing pistol, and would highly recommend it. The DAO may not be for everyone, but it is very smooth and I know with practice we will master it. I feel confident the wife will be able to defend herself if need be.

Pro's-
- Amazing feel while shooting
- Easy to acquire sights
- Very very minimal recoil
- It will be very easy to conceal

Cons-
-the only one would be the 290 isnt the easiest pistol to take down and clean. But I figured out a good way to do it via youtube.

Last edited by 915A; February 1, 2013 at 10:01 AM.
Old February 1, 2013, 12:28 AM   #2
Mosin44az

This new pistol gets a big review in the new Feb. 1 Shotgun News. Kokalis says it's much more pleasant than the 938. A bit big for pocket carry though....which is what I look for here in AZ.
Old February 1, 2013, 12:30 AM   #3
TheNocturnus

Nice. I'm considering getting one as my BUG.
Brain (Use this one the most)
Old February 1, 2013, 02:22 AM   #4
915A

Can't wait to read the review. And I can definitely say it is worth a look for a BUG.