The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old January 13, 2010, 12:31 PM   #26
Jbar4Ranch

I've got PLENTY of other C&B revolvers, but these three High Standard Griswold & Gunnisons are my only 1851 patterns. Oddly enough, all three are just a tad different - the top one has its ram screw threaded in from the opposite side of the other two, and the ram on the middle one is color case hardened, go figure.

SASS 47015
Old January 13, 2010, 01:23 PM   #27
Fingers McGee

Nice brace of pistols there JBar.
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee - AKA Man of Many Colts - Alter ego of Diabolical Ken; SASS Regulator 28564-L-TG; Rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman, Pistoleer, NRA Endowment Life, NMLRA, SAF, CCRKBA, STORM 327, SV115; Charter member, Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Cynic: A blackguard whose faulty vision see things as they are, not as they should be. Ambrose Bierce
Old January 13, 2010, 11:36 PM   #28
Jbar4Ranch

Thanks, but I've got aways to go to catch you still! I thought a brace = 2...?

SASS 47015
Old January 13, 2010, 11:43 PM   #29
Fingers McGee

OK, you got me it's a brace & a half. I couldnt think of what to call 3 of em.

G&Gs are on my "need to get list", as are Leech & Rigdons and Spiller & Burrs. Don't have any of them - yet .
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee - AKA Man of Many Colts - Alter ego of Diabolical Ken; SASS Regulator 28564-L-TG; Rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman, Pistoleer, NRA Endowment Life, NMLRA, SAF, CCRKBA, STORM 327, SV115; Charter member, Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Cynic: A blackguard whose faulty vision see things as they are, not as they should be. Ambrose Bierce
Old January 14, 2010, 08:19 PM   #30
zeestyle

1851 Navy...

I don't mean to jack your thread, but where is the best place for me to sell an 1851 Navy on this site?
Old January 14, 2010, 09:11 PM   #31
NRALIFER

Jump, jump, jump

OK you guys have me look'n seriously now, these things look kinda habit forming. How about Jay27 you Over the Edge yet
Old January 15, 2010, 12:00 AM   #32
Jay27

Almost! I am waiting for a steel frame 1851 .36 caliber to go on sale for under $200.
Old January 15, 2010, 12:16 AM   #33
Fingers McGee

Quote:
I don't mean to jack your thread, but where is the best place for me to sell an 1851 Navy on this site?
on the buy, sell, trade child forum under this one.
Old January 15, 2010, 10:53 AM   #34
madcratebuilder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbar
I've got PLENTY of other C&B revolvers, but these three High Standard Griswold & Gunnisons are my only 1851 patterns. Oddly enough, all three are just a tad different - the top one has its ram screw threaded in from the opposite side of the other two, and the ram on the middle one is color case hardened, go figure.
It's nice to see someone else with some High Standards here. Two unusual variations, I have not seen them before. The CCH loading lever is strange, never seen that on any of the models. The counterbore on the wrong side is maybe a screw up? These parts were supplied by Uberti. I have three of the four models. Did you get the cased sets?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fingers
G&Gs are on my "need to get list", as are Leech & Rigdons and Spiller & Burrs. Don't have any of them - yet
Don't forget the Schneider & Glassick!
Old January 15, 2010, 11:40 AM   #35
Fingers McGee

Quote:
Don't forget the Schneider & Glassick!
I did, didn't I? It's on the list now. Especially the carbine version .

Jbar - Does RPRCA - Jim Davis - know about the three S&G variations you have?
Old January 16, 2010, 09:40 AM   #36
Jbar4Ranch

All three of those were purchased used, so it's certainly possible the color case hardened lever came off another 1851 pattern sometime in the past.

SASS 47015