The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old July 18, 2005, 08:47 PM   #1
TacticalFriedChicken

Remington 870P Max?

Does anyone have one of these? I am going on a gun buying spree =) I finally caved into getting a tricked out shotgun. I already have a regular 870 Express 26" and I saw this model online.. I had been planning just another Express and then I was going to add all the accessories myself.. but would an 870P Max save me any money on getting the Surefire forend, 18" barrel, Wilson ghost ring sights, etc?
Back in the day, there were people who thought evil spirits lived in rocks and trees. They were called savages. Nowadays, there are people who think evil spirits live in hunks of metal. They're called liberals.
Old July 18, 2005, 08:49 PM   #2
Nimitz87

they are around $800....

http://www.impactguns.com/store/REM-24971.html

Chad
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve to encourage rather than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."

-Thomas Jefferson
www.insaneindustry.com

Newbieville Moderator
Old July 18, 2005, 08:53 PM   #3
TacticalFriedChicken

geez that's pretty high.. so it'd be better to get the Express and buy all the accessories myself? Are there any other differences between the models (besides add-ons)?
Back in the day, there were people who thought evil spirits lived in rocks and trees. They were called savages. Nowadays, there are people who think evil spirits live in hunks of metal. They're called liberals.
Old July 19, 2005, 01:02 AM   #4
Dfariswheel

You have several ways to go:
Buy an Express and do all the alterations.
Buy a Police gun and you'll just have to add a few items.

Here's Remington's Police guns and the options:
http://www.remingtonle.com

There are significant, but subtle differences between the Express gun and the basic Police gun.
The Police is higher quality and has a number of higher grade differences.
Old July 19, 2005, 11:28 AM   #5
somethingmustdie

you most definately should just the the p max, its cheaper than adding on all the other **** seperately
Old July 29, 2005, 05:18 PM   #6
TacticalFriedChicken

thanks guys.. at this point it's still undecided... if i find an already tricked-out one for a bargain price i might go for it, or else shop around for the pmax some more. thanks for the input
Old August 7, 2005, 01:19 AM   #7
timothy75

Bear in mind ghost rings are pointless for home defense. All you really need is that forend and an 18'' express