The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Old October 9, 2011, 10:26 AM   #26
Peter M. Eick

I agree. As long as you don't buy DW's new, then between resellers the price does not change much.

I find my DW's are solid well built guns and very accurate. Also they are easy to clean if you pull the barrel routinely.
Old October 15, 2011, 03:46 PM   #27
Sevens

I don't own any DW revolvers. First time I came across them was as a kid on the range at the Sportsman's club where I cut my teeth. My first shots from a Dan Wesson revolver were from a .357 Max. Pretty cool!

I've always thought I'd own one -- I don't yet. But I'm not done yet... I imagine I will find a nice 6-inch .357 Mag, and I'll bring it home.

But here is my question!
CZ-USA's Dan Wesson has produced a new version of these, as shown here on their site.
http://www.cz-usa.com/products/view/dw715/
Question is... are these real, or vaporware?
I've not yet EVER heard anyone discuss them as shooters that they have in their hands.

Certainly, it could be because I haven't searched out any conversation on the subject. I have not visited that Dan Wesson forum linked three times in this thread. (I think I will visit it!) I'm sure that they know the answer to this question.

But what about here? Does anyone have a NEW Dan Wesson revolver? Know anyone that does? Seen one in a shop or on a shooting range?

Me, I'm a used gun kinda guy for the most part. I'll snag an older Monson DW, I don't need or want a new one. But I'm still curious. We talk about e-v-e-r-y dang gun here on TFL, but when does anyone EVER talk about a new production CZ Dan Wesson?

Ever?
Old October 15, 2011, 07:26 PM   #28
Mello2u

Quote:
Sevens

We talk about e-v-e-r-y dang gun here on TFL, but when does anyone EVER talk about a new production CZ Dan Wesson?

Ever?
Sevens,

There is a lot of talk about Dan Wesson semi-autos. DW revolvers; not much at all.
" Frederic Bastiat
Old October 15, 2011, 08:59 PM   #29
Sevens

Yep, very much aware of that. Just wondering if anyone has come in to contact with the revolver.
Old October 16, 2011, 02:12 AM   #30
aryfrosty

Dan Wessons

I have to agree that there hasn't been a lot of talk about the CZ clones. I have never seen one so I don't know if they are close to the originals in quality. I have owned a 14, a 15 and two 744s and I liked them. Once the novelty wore off they were just another revolver and there are a lot of other choices.
Old October 16, 2011, 10:53 PM   #31
mes227

I have 4 of the DW SuperMag series (.357SM, .375SM and .445SM), a .44 Rhino conversion, the .460 Rowland, and a pre-CZ 1911. All fantastic guns! I'll pick up the .357Mag (especially the packs with multiple barrels) when I find one at the right price.
Old January 27, 2013, 06:07 PM   #32
kyredneck1961

dan wesson 22 monson mass 6 in deep blued 22 cal

i just bought a dan wesson model 22 i think 22 cal deep bluing , 6 in adjustible rear sight hi-vis front , checkered target wood grips . 6 shot 22 cal. super nice condition with a light cyl ring only mark on gun serial no. is 4 digit 44xx..any info would be helpful thank,s year , value etc....
Old January 27, 2013, 07:27 PM   #33
kahrguy

Shooting4life That is purely showing off. Shame shame. Beautifull group of DW's

So many DW revolver post at one time!! I love my 4 dw's. Old DWs from the monson era early palmer are for me are far better than what you can buy today from all but freedom as far as production handguns go.
Old January 27, 2013, 07:29 PM   #34
kahrguy

So many DW revolver post at one time!! I love my 4 dw's. Old DWs from the monson era early palmer are for me are far better than what you can buy today from all but freedom as far as production handguns go.
Old February 4, 2013, 05:58 AM   #35
hemiram

Sevens-

Here you go, they are out there:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=327842395
Old February 4, 2013, 07:36 AM   #36
CajunBass

Quote:
i just bought a dan wesson model 22 i think 22 cal deep bluing , 6 in adjustible rear sight hi-vis front , checkered target wood grips . 6 shot 22 cal. super nice condition with a light cyl ring only mark on gun serial no. is 4 digit 44xx..any info would be helpful thank,s year , value etc....
I see this thread has resurfaced after being away for a year or so.

If you've got a 4 digit S/N gun, it's no doubt a "Monson gun" made in the Monson, Mass plant, early in the production. I can't give you an idea when it was made, but these folks can probably at least take a SWAG.

http://www.danwessonforum.com

Since I last posted on this, I found another DW, 22, this one also a Monson Gun, with a 4" VH barrel. The trigger on this one is as good or maybe better that any other D/A revolver I've ever owned.

And they're not inexpensive anymore. The market has discoverd them and they're on the way up.j

What's yours worth? What'd you pay for it?
John 3:16 (NKJV)